1/48 Hasegawa F-14A Issues: In-flight

I have the 1/48 Hasegawa F-14A Black Knights history boxing. I want to build it in flight. The canopy will have minimal aftermarket PE, if any.

I remember reading that there were issues with the closed canopy and landing gear doors. The canopy seems wider on the sides than where it meets the fuselage. But most of the builds I have seen don't seem to mention this. I vaguely remember some other issues with closed gear doors.

So are there any issues with the canopy I need to be aware of? The parts are in their bags so I don't want to open them just yet.

Edited by Janissary

Don't add the canopy railings piece to the inside of the canopy. That handles95% of the fit issues there. There is a slight centerline gap between the forward doors. I found it easiest to add a shim where the door and fuselage meet to preserve the centerline 

On 14/04/2018 at 7:38 PM, Darren Roberts said:

Steel Beach has a set of plugs for the doors. You simply glue them in and you're done. I don't know if there are any in stock at the moment, but I'm going to make new molds and cast a few more if you can wait a bit.

Never done an inflight Tomcat, looks like l will now.

Robert