Disclaimer: I know I´m talking about Mach2, the manufacturer of models that (very often) reach the speed of Mach2 when they are thrown into the trash...

However: Since I´m looking for a 1/72 PBR and Mach2 is the only manufacturer who did these as a kit, I´d like to know if anyone had contact to that company lately.

HAJO

If you go to their website and go to the French version, there is a contact button to e-mail them but no mention of that kit anywhere on the site that I can see....

21 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

Disclaimer: I know I´m talking about Mach2, the manufacturer of models that (very often) reach the speed of Mach2 when they are thrown into the trash...

However: Since I´m looking for a 1/72 PBR and Mach2 is the only manufacturer who did these as a kit, I´d like to know if anyone had contact to that company lately.

It's in stock here:

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/vietnam-river-boat-pbr31-mkii-pibber-ar06-armageddon-ar06-vliegtuig-modelbouw/product/?action=prodinfo&art=97652

I usually spot Mr Mach II at Belgian model shows (like Hoboken and Mol) s, that's another possibility to get in touch. He used to sell there too, but not in the more recent years. He usually had lots of old collectable models for sale, and he was always a nice guy to talk to.

Rob

2 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

Thanks a lot, 25 Euros is a lot of money for a kit where I will certainly have to scratch a lot of parts myself, but I think I´ll give it a try...

If I combine the information from your two postings, I must conclude that you wanted to ask Mr Mach II for a free kit? :rolleyes:

Rob

Well, your assumption is wrong...

My initial searches of the kit gave results far over the 40€ price tag, and that´s redicoulous. Even 25€ of aviationmegastore (where I just ordered) are pricey, considering the overall quality of the kit. I have about 30 years of modelling experience and built the one or other short-run kit, two of them beeing from Mach2 (the Super Frelon and the Learjet). Paying 25€ for a kit that basically gives you only a rough skeleton of the subject and then scratch nearly everything yourself is quite masochistic, but I´m not as masochistic to even enjoy paying lots of money for that "pleasure"... ;)

So, my intention was not to ask for a free kit (I´m not that cheap), but to ask if it still could be ordered directly from Mach2 and looking if that may eliminate some costs by a distributor.

HAJO