1/48 JASSM availability?

Matt, do you which platform is carrying the AGM-158 in Syria? I have one or two of these from Attack Squadron (got them before stocks ran out) but don't know which aircraft can carry them.

2 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

IDK what AC are carrying them in Syria but there are photos of them on Hornets, Falcons, B-52 and I saw a Tornado with one.

Hornets, good, I will look for such photos and perhaps hang some on a Hornet. Should make an interesting load out.

Just a note.

USN/USMC Hornet's are not cleared for JASSM and to my knowledge, only a few test flights were done back in 2001. (I was in VX-23 bomb shop at the time and those things were a PITA to load).

There are some FMS customers that do fly it though.:thumbsup:

Edited by GW8345
9 hours ago, ytsejam87 said:

Not that it is a definitive source, but, according to this article on war-zone, all 19 JASSM-ER's were deployed from B-1B's.

This. The Brits used their Storm Shadow and the French deployed their equivalent (Apache?).

B-1B's accompanied by Marine EA-6B Prowlers.

9 hours ago, ytsejam87 said:

Not that it is a definitive source, but, according to this article on war-zone, all 19 JASSM-ER's were deployed from B-1B's.

The Pentagon briefing yesterday morning also clarified that that they were JASSM-ER and delivery by the Bone.

image.png.49d3054d79c5de2cb087ef6d85bc14dc.png

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
4 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

This. The Brits used their Storm Shadow and the French deployed their equivalent (Apache?).

The French version is the SCALP-EG and is what I expect was used this time. The APACHE is based on the SCALP-EG but is utilised for anti runway operations and it's warhead comprises of 10 cluster sub munitions.  

4 hours ago, scotthldr said:

The French version is the SCALP-EG and is what I expect was used this time. The APACHE is based on the SCALP-EG but is utilised for anti runway operations and it's warhead comprises of 10 cluster sub munitions.  

Yes! I couldn't think of the name. Thanks for posting that.

9 hours ago, scotthldr said:

Other way around, the APACHE came first, and the SCALP-EG and Storm Shadow are based on the existing APACHE airframe. It's IIRC a lot easier to stick a single warhead in a missile originally designed to carry the same weight in cluster munitions than it is to fit cluster munitions into a weapon originally designed for a unitary warhead, which is the same reason why the JSOW cluster version came first. 

20 hours ago, GW8345 said:

Just a note.

USN/USMC Hornet's are not cleared for JASSM and to my knowledge, only a few test flights were done back in 2001. (I was in VX-23 bomb shop at the time and those things were a PITA to load).

There are some FMS customers that do fly it though.:thumbsup:

The Finns and Australians do operate JASSM on the Hornet.

To my understanding, the USN has not procured JASSM at all, it's a USAF-only weapon for now. They are buying the AGM-158C LRASM though (ASM variant of JASSM-ER)

On 4/15/2018 at 7:16 PM, SebastianP said:

Other way around, the APACHE came first, and the SCALP-EG and Storm Shadow are based on the existing APACHE airframe. It's IIRC a lot easier to stick a single warhead in a missile originally designed to carry the same weight in cluster munitions than it is to fit cluster munitions into a weapon originally designed for a unitary warhead, which is the same reason why the JSOW cluster version came first. 

I am guessing that I could just use a 1/48 Apache Missile and say it is a Scalp?

On 4/15/2018 at 5:21 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

The Pentagon briefing yesterday morning also clarified that that they were JASSM-ER and delivery by the Bone.

image.png.49d3054d79c5de2cb087ef6d85bc14dc.png

Yesterday the USAF clarified that they were the base JASSM and not the ER version.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/flashpoints/2018/04/19/pentagon-corrects-statements-about-air-to-surface-missile-f-22-roles-in-syria-strike/

Edited by Crash Test Dummy
On 4/15/2018 at 10:19 AM, tosouthern66 said:

IDK what AC are carrying them in Syria but there are photos of them on Hornets, Falcons, B-52 and I saw a Tornado with one.

I'm very doubtful that you saw a Tornado with JASSM loaded. More likely what you saw was Storm Shadow which is similar and is what they said was used

Shane

9 minutes ago, sweier said:

I'm very doubtful that you saw a Tornado with JASSM loaded. More likely what you saw was Storm Shadow which is similar and is what they said was used

Shane

It probably wasn't a JASSM, IDK foreign weapons. It was a pic at a distance and it looked like it was a JASSM but I probably was wrong. lol  

On 4/20/2018 at 8:42 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

I am guessing that I could just use a 1/48 Apache Missile and say it is a Scalp?

I *think* so, though pictures of the actual APACHE missile, especially in live configuration, are apparently rare as hen's teeth and I haven't been able to find one yet. The only image I've been able to find of a definite APACHE missile is a flight test article in bright orange that's in a museum somewhere.