Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Mr Matt Foley

1/48 JASSM availability?

Recommended Posts

Since it was just used for the first time in Syria, does anyone know of a 1/48 scale model of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt, do you which platform is carrying the AGM-158 in Syria? I have one or two of these from Attack Squadron (got them before stocks ran out) but don't know which aircraft can carry them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK what AC are carrying them in Syria but there are photos of them on Hornets, Falcons, B-52 and I saw a Tornado with one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that it is a definitive source, but, according to this article on war-zone, all 19 JASSM-ER's were deployed from B-1B's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

IDK what AC are carrying them in Syria but there are photos of them on Hornets, Falcons, B-52 and I saw a Tornado with one.

 

Hornets, good, I will look for such photos and perhaps hang some on a Hornet. Should make an interesting load out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note.

 

USN/USMC Hornet's are not cleared for JASSM and to my knowledge, only a few test flights were done back in 2001. (I was in VX-23 bomb shop at the time and those things were a PITA to load).

 

There are some FMS customers that do fly it though.:thumbsup:

Edited by GW8345

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JASSM is also the basis for the new LRASM middle that’s being flight tested right now.  JASSM does look pretty slick on the rotary launch on the bone though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ytsejam87 said:

Not that it is a definitive source, but, according to this article on war-zone, all 19 JASSM-ER's were deployed from B-1B's.

 

This. The Brits used their Storm Shadow and the French deployed their equivalent (Apache?).

 

B-1B's accompanied by Marine EA-6B Prowlers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ytsejam87 said:

Not that it is a definitive source, but, according to this article on war-zone, all 19 JASSM-ER's were deployed from B-1B's.

 

The Pentagon briefing yesterday morning also clarified that that they were JASSM-ER and delivery by the Bone.

 

image.png.49d3054d79c5de2cb087ef6d85bc14dc.png

Edited by Mr Matt Foley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

 

This. The Brits used their Storm Shadow and the French deployed their equivalent (Apache?).

 

The French version is the SCALP-EG and is what I expect was used this time. The APACHE is based on the SCALP-EG but is utilised for anti runway operations and it's warhead comprises of 10 cluster sub munitions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scotthldr said:

The French version is the SCALP-EG and is what I expect was used this time. The APACHE is based on the SCALP-EG but is utilised for anti runway operations and it's warhead comprises of 10 cluster sub munitions.  

 

Yes! I couldn't think of the name. Thanks for posting that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scotthldr said:

The French version is the SCALP-EG and is what I expect was used this time. The APACHE is based on the SCALP-EG but is utilised for anti runway operations and it's warhead comprises of 10 cluster sub munitions.  

 

Other way around, the APACHE came first, and the SCALP-EG and Storm Shadow are based on the existing APACHE airframe. It's IIRC a lot easier to stick a single warhead in a missile originally designed to carry the same weight in cluster munitions than it is to fit cluster munitions into a weapon originally designed for a unitary warhead, which is the same reason why the JSOW cluster version came first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GW8345 said:

Just a note.

 

USN/USMC Hornet's are not cleared for JASSM and to my knowledge, only a few test flights were done back in 2001. (I was in VX-23 bomb shop at the time and those things were a PITA to load).

 

There are some FMS customers that do fly it though.:thumbsup:


The Finns and Australians do operate JASSM on the Hornet.

To my understanding, the USN has not procured JASSM at all, it's a USAF-only weapon for now. They are buying the AGM-158C LRASM though (ASM variant of JASSM-ER)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 7:16 PM, SebastianP said:

 

Other way around, the APACHE came first, and the SCALP-EG and Storm Shadow are based on the existing APACHE airframe. It's IIRC a lot easier to stick a single warhead in a missile originally designed to carry the same weight in cluster munitions than it is to fit cluster munitions into a weapon originally designed for a unitary warhead, which is the same reason why the JSOW cluster version came first. 

 

I am guessing that I could just use a 1/48 Apache Missile and say it is a Scalp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 5:21 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

 

The Pentagon briefing yesterday morning also clarified that that they were JASSM-ER and delivery by the Bone.

 

image.png.49d3054d79c5de2cb087ef6d85bc14dc.png

 

Yesterday the USAF clarified that they were the base JASSM and not the ER version.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/flashpoints/2018/04/19/pentagon-corrects-statements-about-air-to-surface-missile-f-22-roles-in-syria-strike/

Edited by Crash Test Dummy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 10:19 AM, tosouthern66 said:

IDK what AC are carrying them in Syria but there are photos of them on Hornets, Falcons, B-52 and I saw a Tornado with one.

 

 

I'm very doubtful that you saw a Tornado with JASSM loaded. More likely what you saw was Storm Shadow which is similar and is what they said was used

 

Shane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sweier said:

 

I'm very doubtful that you saw a Tornado with JASSM loaded. More likely what you saw was Storm Shadow which is similar and is what they said was used

 

Shane

It probably wasn't a JASSM, IDK foreign weapons. It was a pic at a distance and it looked like it was a JASSM but I probably was wrong. lol  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 8:42 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

 

I am guessing that I could just use a 1/48 Apache Missile and say it is a Scalp?

 

I *think* so, though pictures of the actual APACHE missile, especially in live configuration, are apparently rare as hen's teeth and I haven't been able to find one yet. The only image I've been able to find of a definite APACHE missile is a flight test article in bright orange that's in a museum somewhere. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...