GWH 1/48 Su-35SK "Flanker E" PLAAF 6th Brigade

On 1/23/2019 at 4:52 AM, haneto said:

This kit has the feature to allow canopy switch between open and close mode.

The merit is very obvious:

1. easy to carry and maintenance.

2. you can always enjoy cockpit details and beautiful outline of the Flanker.

JLwTOvD.jpg

Some pictures of finished diorama took by audience at Shanghai New Year Model Contest on 31st Dec and 1st Jan 2019.

Will take more formal pics outside during the China Lunar New Year holidays. 

6KO1EU4.jpg

06VKrTj.jpg

bXyAU2d.jpg

TGXca4K.jpg

tSBIXBP.jpg

agDo7Yh.jpg

fMkzTiR.jpg

EB8dh16.jpg

Finale.

IdFlhpv.jpg

Incredible! Great finish! Looks nice diorama. Bravo Yufei! :thumbsup:

p.s. there is a lot to learn in scale modeling of modern aircrafts!

Edited by LyIgor

Thanks for your encouragement guys.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:10 PM, agelos2005 said:

Amazing work

I want to ask howndis you do the think lines of silver and clear blue at the first stages painting the stabilizers 

Did you mask?

Yes I masked and spray them one by one.

Yufei, my mate... just :worship:

Ever thought about doing books on how to build, detail, paint, decal and weather different subject kits? They would sell like hot cakes!

Also, ever thought about making a correction set for the lack of washout on the wingtips of the Hobby Boss 1/48 Su-27/J-11 kits?

Your brain for these sorts of aspects is incredible. Congratulations.

Cheers,

Onigiri

30 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Yufei, my mate... just :worship:

Ever thought about doing books on how to build, detail, paint, decal and weather different subject kits? They would sell like hot cakes!

Also, ever thought about making a correction set for the lack of washout on the wingtips of the Hobby Boss 1/48 Su-27/J-11 kits?

Your brain for these sorts of aspects is incredible. Congratulations.

Cheers,

Onigiri

Thanks mate!

Forget the science fictional HB Flanker, let's wait for GWH's new release this year...

Cheers,

Yufei

Sir,

You have my respect and admiration for your skills in the following areas:

Planning

Build technique

Finishing work

Workmanship

Attention to details

Photography

Instructional techniques

Ingenuity

(there is probably a few areas I have missed)

You definitely have me motivated to finish my projects to the level of skill you have displayed here in this forum. I may never get there but you will certainly bring my level of art to a new standard.

Thank you very much for the incredible level of effort and taking the time to share with us here in ARC.

Cheers

AFM

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
4 hours ago, haneto said:

Forget the science fictional HB Flanker, let's wait for GWH's new release this year...

That's funny. I'm sorry I ever bought the d**n thing. Can't wait to see you tackle one of the GWH ones. Reading your builds is such an inspiring and educational experience.

Edited by Mstor

Thanks so much to all of you, for your nice comments and encouragement!

It makes me feel totally worth of spending more than 8 months on building this plane, and yes my 8 month built also made the 2 years kit designing work very well worth!

Now GWH has a very good basic as Su-35, to develope the vanilla Su-27 and other variants, which will make the Su-27 much easier and faster to process.

Talking back to the built itself, I have always wanted to leave good in progress pictures which may bring more joy and hints to other modellers.

But taking good WIP pictures is very time consuming, sometimes even more tiring than modelling itself.

You have to stop your built, set up the background paper, lamps, camera,etc. to take picture of just 1 small step.

My working bench is not so big so I have to pack and repack all the stuff once and again, once and again...

Anyway, the 8 months built is finished and I'm glad you guys understand my buiding record value.

Thanks again for all the following!

Yufei 

1 hour ago, LyIgor said:

I like your funny small suitcase for carrying model Yufei. 😀

Thanks.

It's the most suitale suitcase for carrying finished models to model show/contest.

Aluminium case with full sponge inside split by 1.5*1.5cm squares, totally fit to protect your plane.

And it cost only less than 30 bucks in China. ;)

Yufei

9 hours ago, haneto said:

But taking good WIP pictures is very time consuming, sometimes even more tiring than modelling itself.

You have to stop your built, set up the background paper, lamps, camera,etc. to take picture of just 1 small step.

My working bench is not so big so I have to pack and repack all the stuff once and again, once and again...

This! I know so well how that is, and which is why we appreciate your efforts to share your incredible techniques with us, Yufei. :thumbsup:

All the best, my mate!

Cheers,

Onigiri

10 hours ago, haneto said:

It's the most suitale suitcase for carrying finished models to model show/contest.

Aluminium case with full sponge inside split by 1.5*1.5cm squares, totally fit to protect your plane.

And it cost only less than 30 bucks in China. ;)

It's great! If you have only one model aircraft.))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/17/2019 at 5:16 PM, Major Walt said:

The jet is an amazing work of art as always Yufei. But I’m in love with those figures. These are better done than many I’ve seen in 1/35th or 1/32nd. Figure painting is a skill unto itself that very few have.

Yes definitely!

Good figures makes aircraft more real.

Bad figures makes aircraft more like a toy.

So I always say that, only put good figures beside your plane, NEVER put bad ones...

• 5 months later...

First of all

I am both impressed and inspired. Beautiful work. The attention to details on this masterpiece... omg

I used to do modeling some years ago, and now Im looking into getting back to it. My plan is to restart with something great, inspireing, paying attention to every little detail of the build, something like what you did on this one. Well, we'll see how that goes. 

Could you help me a little explaining the techniques you used to paint this model?

The shading, did you pre-shade or post shade the model? And is it even paint on the edges of the panels and along the rivets? Or some kind of pastel?

And in the case of it being pre-shade, how do you avoid having the shading fade away on the intersections between the different colours of the camouflage? I mean, that is where the paint is thicker since the different colours overlay each other.

And lastly, Did you mask the camouflage pattern in order to paint the different shades of blue or is it very careful maskless airbrush effort?

Sorry to overload you with questions, Yufei, but you really made me curious about your method, and I want to learn from the best.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers from Brazil,

Arthur.