GWH 1/48 Su-35SK "Flanker E" PLAAF 6th Brigade

On 6/9/2018 at 7:08 PM, haneto said:

Landing gears after detailing, painting and weathering.

RWkelr4.jpg

CDNWiyX.jpg

nAoYiJl.jpg

oMi2NP6.jpg

9YdWIEP.jpg

74BY1HI.jpg

9YdWIEP.jpg

ttv6Xij.jpg

teEGXzX.jpg

DVE3CdB.jpg

w4k5SSr.jpg

WOW!!!  I JUST saw this thread, and I have to say that seeing this kind of work makes someone like myself, who has next to zero natural talent for ANYTHING, including modeling, want to just give it up.  However, recognizing that majority of modelers probably fall into my category, the best  I can do is try to learn from the best.  I have several questions for the modeler.  First, what did he use to hold the copper wires in place on the plastic struts?  I see there are tiny yellow pieces of (what?) that appear to be the material holding the wires in place.  Secondly, I have to assume that for the painting, all those wires were removed from the struts.  How did you reattach those yellow pieces so perfectly?  If I were doing this, there would be glue all over the place.

I have a million other questions that I hope the modeler will be willing to answer, but I'll start with the above.  Again, beyond spectacular work!!!

• 1 year later...

I’ve just re-read this entire thread after picking up the Su-35S for $59 in the Sprue Brothers flash sale.  Yufei, you provided such wonderful step by step instructions- thank you!  I look forward to starting this kit!

Steve 

Edited by Falconxlvi