F-16 Aggressor

Thanks for the help in my last post about building the Tamiya 1/32  F-16 into a Green Splinter Aggressor...I need some more help please...I've been searching the web for a ACMI pod for my aggressor, what options do you think would be apprprate and are there sources for these pods in 1/32...I saw one resin set but it's out of stock everywhere...don't want to strap a pod on the plane that wouldn't be carried in real life, and since there are so few pictures of the green splinter aggressor I'm looking to you guys and gals for some help...

thanks!

I just got back from photographng Red Flag and seriously the mismatching of missiles and pods on aircraft was as random as you coukd imagine. Between Elta pods, Alq-188’s, Aim-9’s and various Aim-120’s and ACMI’s  you could have any arrangement and you woukd get a matching image.

Alq-188’s on C/L then anything goes.

Aim 120 and Aim 9 on wingtips some have one Aim 9 and one Acmi.

Gas bags inboard and Eltas and Aim-9 outboard pylons.

The Aim 120’s where sometimes common frequently different model.

Loads varied per airframe daily.

Some flew pretty clean only Aim-9’s plus Acmi and gas bags.

Variety was  incredble so dontIMG_3434-Edit-X2.jpg hesitate.

IMG_1464-Edit-X2.jpgIMG_7257-Edit-XL.jpg

That particular aircraft has also flown with a Sniper pod which is something different for an aggressor. As for the ACMI pod, the only one I can remember off the top of my head is the Revell F-16N one. 

Edited by camus27
1 hour ago, dehowie said:

I just got back from photographng Red Flag and seriously the mismatching of missiles and pods on aircraft was as random as you coukd imagine. Between Elta pods, Alq-188’s, Aim-9’s and various Aim-120’s and ACMI’s  you could have any arrangement and you woukd get a matching image.

Alq-188’s on C/L then anything goes.

Aim 120 and Aim 9 on wingtips some have one Aim 9 and one Acmi.

Gas bags inboard and Eltas and Aim-9 outboard pylons.

The Aim 120’s where sometimes common frequently different model.

Loads varied per airframe daily.

Some flew pretty clean only Aim-9’s plus Acmi and gas bags.

Variety was  incredble so dontIMG_3434-Edit-X2.jpg hesitate.

IMG_1464-Edit-X2.jpgIMG_7257-Edit-XL.jpg

Great photos thanks!!! I'm headed to Fallon next week to take photos...may I have your permission to copy these photos onto my computer?

On 18/04/2018 at 11:41 AM, KEB said:

Great photos thanks!!! I'm headed to Fallon next week to take photos...may I have your permission to copy these photos onto my computer?

Of course.

i have a site with quite a bit more n the military gallery.

www.vortexaviationphotography.com

On 17/4/2018 at 7:42 PM, KEB said:

Thanks for the help in my last post about building the Tamiya 1/32  F-16 into a Green Splinter Aggressor...I need some more help please...I've been searching the web for a ACMI pod for my aggressor, what options do you think would be apprprate and are there sources for these pods in 1/32...I saw one resin set but it's out of stock everywhere...don't want to strap a pod on the plane that wouldn't be carried in real life, and since there are so few pictures of the green splinter aggressor I'm looking to you guys and gals for some help...

thanks!

Unless you have the Thunderbirds kit you will have greater trouble with building an aggressor than just the ACMI pod.

Jens

On 4/19/2018 at 1:33 PM, JEN722 said:

Unless you have the Thunderbirds kit you will have greater trouble with building an aggressor than just the ACMI pod.

Jens

would you please tell me what modifications I need to make to my Block 50 F-16?

The WA Aggressors are Block 32/42, so, you need the small mouth intake, and PW engine. Light undercarriage for the B32, and heavy undercarriage for the B42.  The AK Aggressors are Block 30, so you will need the Big Mouth intake and GE engine, but again, the light weight undercarriage. 

So from the B50 kit, you could do the AK jet with the only thing "wrong" being the undercarriage/doors/wheels.

M

Edited by Matt Walker
Correct a mistake.
On 4/25/2018 at 7:54 AM, Matt Walker said:

The WA Aggressors are Block 32/42, so, you need the small mouth intake, and PW engine and light undercarriage.  The AK Aggressors are Block 30, so you will need the Big Mouth intake and GE engine, but again, the light weight undercarriage. 

So from the B50 kit, you could do the AK jet with the only thing "wrong" being the undercarriage/doors/wheels.

M

thanks!

On 25/4/2018 at 3:54 PM, Matt Walker said:

The WA Aggressors are Block 32/42, so, you need the small mouth intake, and PW engine and light undercarriage.  The AK Aggressors are Block 30, so you will need the Big Mouth intake and GE engine, but again, the light weight undercarriage. 

M

No, blocks 40/42/50 and 52 all have the heavier landing gear and bulged main gear doors. Apart from that you're right.

Jens