19 hours ago, Joel_W said:

You're modeling on a level that many dream about

G’day Joel. Perhaps because both my parents were talented with their hands, Dad with woodwork and Mum with knitting, needlepoint work etc. Maybe it’s also like wine, you get better with age! Certainly it is true in my case. ~36 years ago I made a Tamiya 1:32 F-14A which at the time I thought was brilliant. When I got back into modelling ~2002, I later binned it because it was rubbish.

14 hours ago, Mstor said:

Incredible work (there, I didn't say "Wow")

Hi Mstor. Always happy just to hear from someone. A “that’s interesting”, “didn’t think of that”, “novel idea” etc will more than suffice.

14 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

looking forward to your paint job

‘Matt’, just got the primer on and even I was surprised how much it ‘popped’.

Regards

John.

Great work John. I had done similar on Italeri F-117 bay but ended up stopping when Trumpeter kit came out. You can sure see the huge difference between the two. I was hoping Aires would up size their F-117 stuff for this kit, but they stopped at the cockpit. As always, It will be pleasure to follow along and see the great skills at work. :thumbsup:

Hi John,just noticed that you've got another build on the go. Lovely detailing on those bay interiors.

I thought I'd pass this on, although I'm not sure how useful it'll be. There used to be an older style of anti-glare filter back in the day when CRT monitors were the norm that used an incredibly fine black fabric (nylon?) mesh. It was fine enough the be transparent when viewed through directly, but appeared as a surface when viewed obliquely and looked excellent as coverings for the FLIR and DLIR turret apertures.

It worked very well even on the 1/72nd Stealth fighter I built for my then pre-teen son when he was enamoured with the jet when it featured in one of the levels in the SEGA game Jungle Strike (that's how long ago it was, and why I'm not certain if it's extinct or not). There certainly is fine brass and stainless steel mesh available which may be dimensionally similar, but the beauty of the fabric mesh was it didn't need to be painted.

Hi Mike, welcome aboard.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, agelos2005 said:

you will need to place the model on a mirror so everybody can appreciate the detail 🙂

I am making the -27s removable, so the bays will be more visible. Can then display with 2, 1 or no GBUs.

Thanks for the info Charles, but I must confess I am no wiser. I also wonder on 1:32 vs 1:72 whether the bigger area of material would ‘sag’ over time!

Still to paint the stbd outer wall detail, but the front wall is finally on and I need a change.

HNxV5ew.jpg%20

I fancy some wiring looms for a change.

Edited by John Wolstenholme

Hi Joel, construction finished to both stbd central and outer walls, which includes some electrical and hydraulic lines running from inner to outer wall to try and add a bit of realism. Back wall now fixed.

pfp8i53.jpg%20

qwskIAA.jpg%20

To something easy for a change, work(out) on the trapezes.

It’s all relative Joel. A motorcycle in the eye of a needle puts my work in context:

http://www.100masters.co.uk/willard-wigan-homecoming-exhibition/

Now that is unbelievable!

Jesper, as a non-smoker, no can do. However, the bay is 150mm long which made putting ~800 bits of plastic card, rod, tube – resin – Cu and brass wire that much ‘easier’.

Future on and time for some decals.

John.

1 hour ago, John Wolstenholme said:

It’s all relative Joel. A motorcycle in the eye of a needle puts my work in context:

http://www.100masters.co.uk/willard-wigan-homecoming-exhibition/

Now that is unbelievable!

Jesper, as a non-smoker, no can do. However, the bay is 150mm long which made putting ~800 bits of plastic card, rod, tube – resin – Cu and brass wire that much ‘easier’.

Future on and time for some decals.

John.

Nonono! not easier.. 😊 still it is a masterwork.

Thanx for the millimeters 👍😊

Trapezes nearly complete. I can take credit for the execution, but not the idea of using Airscale cockpit decals. Saw this on Aussie Modeller (Ericg). The’text’ is unreadable for most of the decals. Some tight trimming and overlaying on coloured decal in some cases.

qwKpTlH.jpg%20

Looks very good John, with the placards applied. I think my diminishing stock of Reheat decals will need an Airscale top up soon.

Idly wondering if there are any readable MAC strut ones for Phantom gear legs?