On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, chek said:

Idly wondering if there are any readable MAC strut ones for Phantom gear legs?

Charles, you mean your Reheat ones are readable! The Airscale sheet is AS32PLA and I would have thought it would be more a case of getting something which looks like it. Are the Reheat ones that much bigger, or just better quality?

Hi John, Peter, Joel, MFAF’s.  Finished trapezes fitted, with (what I assume are) flexible hose hydraulic lines ‘plumbed-in’.

oRPcgR5.jpg%20

NGzmzbW.jpg%20

If I am not careful I may finish this very soon.

29 minutes ago, my favs are F`s said:

That's the thing i don't like so much in the modeling.... Once built, it won't look that way any more. 😐 I wish there were tiny little miniature 360-degree or panoramic cameras.

My Favs are F's,

I never thought of it like that, but you do have a point. Once the bay is part of the whole, it looses it's prime importance to the viewer. But if it were displayed on a glass base, you could see into the bay whenever you wanted to. 

Joel

2 hours ago, my favs are F`s said:

That's the thing i don't like so much in the modeling.... Once built, it won't look that way any more.

That’s why I take high resolution photos 2592 x 1944.  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, zaxos345 said:

dont know if i am spelling it correctly

P.S. Where do you find those tiny decals?????

John, no problem with your English whatsoever.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AS32PLA

Completion tomorrow. Yabberdaberdoooooooooooooooo………………………………..

Mr. Wolstenholme, it's been quite awhile!  I see that the master has retained his touch for detail, meticulous work and excellent photography with clear explanations.  I love it.

Cheers,

Chuck

18 hours ago, my favs are F`s said:

That's the thing i don't like so much in the modeling.... Once built, it won't look that way any more.

Still, not too bad.

Hi Chuck, long time no ‘speak’, welcome back to the old stomping ground. After my 2014-16 lay-off I didn’t think the patience would come back.

After 3 months finally got there. Now to think about the nose gear and MG bays, but not for a while!

ABnGWYu.jpg%20

Hi Peter. Opted to go for the plastic nose leg, rather than metal. The latter is obviously sturdier, but for what I had in mind I don’t think can be done with this, at least not by me.

Essentially complete, but there are extra pre-painted wires still to be added, after the leg is painted.

vmQHWUe.jpg%20

VfrAMDm.jpg%20

Still thinking about the bay. There's a mass of gubbins in there, some of it may be test equipment as the photos I’ve seen are of a former ED aircraft, now museum exhibit.

Gosh dern that’s some outstanding detail effort & dunno if outstanding is the highest compliment to use in this case. I really enjoy watching builds like this...ones that bring out as much of the 1:1 look as possible. Even with some of the more complex aircraft with what limited parts & methods that might or might not be available to us. It’s apparent you have no lack of ability or parts. This kind of work is way above my skill level, so please keep the pics & how you did such-n-such as practical / time permits, wardog! Thanks!

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, Gunny said:

This kind of work is way above my skill level

Gunny, go back some years and I would have said the same.

Hi John, Joel and Peter, thanks for your continued interest and support.

One piece at a time and it didn’t cost me a dime. Well a few actually. Onto the nose gear bay door. Removed everything except the 4 No. solid  hinges. Whilst the Eduard P.E. may look good, they are too fragile with minimum gluing area for my liking. So I combined the two by opening up the kit solid semi-circular hinges and then slotting them to take the PE parts. They are beefier than they should be, but they are not going to drop off if I breathe on them!

To be finished with pre-painted wires after painted white.

TiigWgS.jpg%20

Still thinking about the bay.

Incredible.

This is the type of neatness I'd like to get with my 1/72 scratching, but it eludes me.  The CA always seems to show up with the camera, if not with the naked eye.  Maybe it is not even possible at that scale?

16 hours ago, Thommo said:

The CA always seems to show up with the camera, if not with the naked eye.  Maybe it is not even possible at that scale?

G’day Tommo. As you say I am not the best person to ask re 1:72. However, some thoughts:

- what type of CA are you using, (super) thin or medium viscosity? Sometimes (super) thin is too thin and medium to thick, particularly if it is not new, and I will mix the two.

- how are you applying it? I tend to use the edge of a scalpel blade (SM 10 or 10A), but you need to keep it clean. Otherwise you end up with more CA on the blade edge than you expect.

- sometimes you see some excess at the edge(s), so I quickly use the edge of kitchen paper to wick it away – dwell and you have a problem!

- if the part is not too small I will use a very narrow piece(s) of Tamiya tape to hold PE in position.

- never tried it myself, but could you use Debonder on a Microbrush (Q-Tip) to remove excess? But, first have a go with some scrap PE on scrap plastic.

HTH.

John