Monogram 1/48 Bell AH-1S Cobra

Hello All,

Just finished this. It's the Monogram 1/48 AH-1S, with Isradecals decals, Werner's Wings resin exhaust and a ton of scratchbuilt additions by me. The kit has been rescribed and all the rivets are Archer Fine Transfers. The final finish is Tamiya XF-59. A full description and more photos are here: https://jonbryon.com/monogram-1-48-bell-ah-1s-cobra/

Comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

Jon

ah1s_08.jpg

ah1s_12.jpg

ah1s_11.jpg

ah1s_15.jpg

ah1s_19.jpg

ah1s_17.jpg

ah1s_33.jpg

ah1s_24.jpg

ah1s_30.jpg

:worship::worship::worship:

Beautiful Tzefa Jon, just simply beautiful. Read all about it on your website. Got a couple questions for you,

Any chance you can make more of the chaff dispensers, antenna and sensors haha? I've got about 4 different IAF Tzefa's I have planned to build.

When you rescribed it, did you just go over the same panel lines as the kit or make new ones?

How well did your WW exhaust fit on after removing the kit one? I have mine ready to be put on however if I recall correctly (it's been about 4 months since I've touched the kit) i was having problems getting the darn thing attached properly.

What size of the HiQ carving tape did you use?

Can you show some pictures of the underside/ belly areas?

Edited by Whiskey
18 hours ago, Whiskey said:

:worship::worship::worship:

Beautiful Tzefa Jon, just simply beautiful. Read all about it on your website. Got a couple questions for you,

Any chance you can make more of the chaff dispensers, antenna and sensors haha? I've got about 4 different IAF Tzefa's I have planned to build.

When you rescribed it, did you just go over the same panel lines as the kit or make new ones?

How well did your WW exhaust fit on after removing the kit one? I have mine ready to be put on however if I recall correctly (it's been about 4 months since I've touched the kit) i was having problems getting the darn thing attached properly.

What size of the HiQ carving tape did you use?

Can you show some pictures of the underside/ belly areas?

Thanks Whiskey.

To answer your questions:

1. I don't have the capability to make more :(

2. I just used the panel lines in the kit. I know they are wrong, especially around the tail.

3. The WW part fitted ok. It took some CA and Mr Surfacer to fair it in, but it wasn't bad.

4. I used 3mm HiQ tape.

5. Sadly I couldn't figure out a way to photograph the underside without damaging something...

Cheers

Jon