CD144005- 1/144 B-52H Stratofortress

Awesome...but does anyone do all the parts to do a current-ish B-52H?

I do have a couple of the Revell 144th BUFFS both G&H boxing's but am out of the loop on any aftermarket for them

Edited by mungo1974

Looks fantastic; 2 sets of common markings is great!  

The windscreen decal will address what I think is the weakest point of the Revell kit, which is the thick framing around the center window. 

There was a resin update set a few years ago by Golden Dragon/BUFF Master; don’t know what the availability is now. 

I believe the updated tooling of the Minicraft kit includes some of the more recent antenna fairings that aren’t in the Revell kit; I’ll have to look at my kit again. 

Thanks for for all the great 1/144 subjects lately Kursad!

Jonah

Edited by Gator52

The windshield decals were designed to fit the Minicraft kit. I will make this clear in the instructions. 

For those who wish to use the windshield decals; I will recommend that the Minicraft windshield part be nicely blended in, sanded fully clear of detail, and painted over; to be completely replaced by the decal. I think the Minicraft windshield is beyond salvage, as the central panel is too wide. I had to design the windshield decals to fit this part and had to compromise accuracy a little bit - the central panel is a bit wider than it should be in reality. A correctly proportioned decal would not have fit the Minicraft kit well.

I did a Revell 1/144 B-52 some time ago.

After sanding off the front frames of the windshield...:

yCGfTmJ.jpg

... I simply added frames made of paper and came up with this result:

EtsUjOC.jpg

I´m happy with that.

HAJO

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was by far the top-selling sheet in the latest batch of releases. Note that I released a few other sheets that I thought would be high-profile sheets that would do much better: the 1/48 sheet FB-111, Vietnam Huns, etc. But no- so far the 1/144 scale B-52H sheet outsold them all.

Kit manufacturers, take note: My theory is that the B-52 is such an iconic and important aircraft that many folks would like to build at least one, but do not have space or time for a 1/72 one. A state-of-the-art 1/144 scale B-52 family would probably be a solid money maker for many years to come.

Edited by KursadA