Black Buch Shrike Question

Hopefully I explain this right. I know I read that one of the Black Buck missions carried 4 shrike's. I have seen pictures of the dual shrike launcher on the left side of the aircraft and the missiles have a staggered configuration with the left shrike being further back of the right. So my question is was the right side configuration the same? Was the left missile staggered behind the right or did the launcher have a mirrored configuration with the left side missile being ahead of the right?

Hope that question makes sense. I've been looking at my Great Wall kit that only has 1 launcher and wanted to see if I were to get another kit if the configuration would be correct. Thanks for any assistance.

It does definetely look cool! That´s enough reason for me... ;)

Well, the Argentinians had AAAs, maybe they wanted to raise the chance that the missiles will not spotted during their final approach.

HAJO

15 hours ago, scotthldr said:

They sure did, but why?

It was a night mission, so they wanted to break up the outline of the white missiles.  A weapons troop bought some Halfords spray paint from a local store to use.

Regards,

Murph