Single Action Airbrushes

Paul

Another excellent video.

I've been a firm believer in single action internal action air brushes for as long as I came remember.  I never could see the need for a artist type duel action AB as the need to vary flow rate, air pressure, and distance to the subject during a pass never was an issue for me.  So when Iwata came out with the M series, I bought 1st the M1, then a few months later the M2 , and never have looked back.  The small shape did take some getting use to.  fact that they are gravity fed solved the need for higher PSI to suck the paint up from the bowl in their Revolution series. One other issue came apparent when I needed to replace some O rings, no one really carries parts for these Air Brushes. A call to Iwata USA solved that problem both with free O rings, and the name of a online dealer who has a decent parts inventory for the M series.

As I said, it did take some getting use to the shape. If Iwata ever expanded their Revolution line so that the single action air brushes had fixed gravity paint bowls, I would make the switch.  I've seen their trigger units, and they just have way to many moving parts making cleaning that much more complicated and time consuming.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W
2 hours ago, Joel_W said:

I never could see the need for a artist type duel action AB as the need to vary flow rate, air pressure, and distance to the subject during a pass never was an issue for me.

To me, the ability to vary line width/spray pattern on the fly without stopping to turn the knob at the end of the airbrush is so nice and convenient with a double action airbrush.  Plus, I can blow out a paint clog instantly just by pulling the trigger all the way back.  For doing intricate freehand camo work, I can spray a thin boundary and gradually open up the nozzle to fill in the middle of the camo pattern with great control.