Aires 1/48 AV-8B Wheel Bay Set - Any In Use Suggestions?

Has anyone on the boards successfully squeezed this set in the the Hasegawa AV-8B?  The forward bay seems to be an absolute no go in terms of space.  I can not for the life of me figure how to get this thing in.  I've already thinned the plastic to translucent levels and similar with the resin and there still isn't enough room.  I'm about to give up and scratchbuild the front well.  I wonder if I'm not alone, as I've searched the web widely and can't find a hint of anyone having actually built a model with this set. 

42 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

Has anyone on the boards successfully squeezed this set in the the Hasegawa AV-8B?  The forward bay seems to be an absolute no go in terms of space.  I can not for the life of me figure how to get this thing in.  I've already thinned the plastic to translucent levels and similar with the resin and there still isn't enough room.  I'm about to give up and scratchbuild the front well.  I wonder if I'm not alone, as I've searched the web widely and can't find a hint of anyone having actually built a model with this set. 

Isn't that Aires's signature "quality?"

After my reply last night it got me thinking just how did I fit the forward wheel bay.  I went back to the kit for a look and remembered that I had exactly the same problems, in the end I had to cut away a portion of the intake/compressor part so the rear of the bay would sit in the correct location. I them hid the surgery by installing the Steel Beach FOD covers.

Edited by scotthldr

Yes, I thought about that and it looks almost as if it was designed that way.  I think I'm just going to go ahead and scratchbuild this area.  It won't be very visible, so pretty darn close will look just the same and I have the Aires bay to go off of.  This way I can shrink it slightly where needed to make it fit.