A Return To The Hobby...Corsair, Viper, Skyhawk, Hunter, Spitfire, Hellcat

Hello all!  Making a return to the hobby after about a 7-year absence.  When I quit I was mostly building "What-Ifs" a few of which I posted here.  I got back into it over the winter and I've been mixing up real work builds with a couple of What-Ifs.  

Sorry for the pic quality...I'm still getting back used to it.  Here is my progress since February to share...

Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1D. OOB

ZE9wlj.jpg

Next effort was a Tamiya 1/48 F-16CJ, again OOB

JyRYfT.jpg

One of my favorites of all time in one of my favorite paint schemes of all time was next.  Hase 1/48 A-4E with AOA decals.

ucBZHo.jpg

On to my first "What-If?" in 7 years.  Academy 1/48 Hunter FGA.9 as a USAF F-99C, South Vietnam, c.1966. Decals from an Xtradecal F-100 sheet.  Paints are Vallejo Model Air which I've recently discovered and love, but the two SEA greens are pretty much identical.  I promise there are two greens on this model.  

6qfBI8.jpg]

BQQubM.jpg

xOA7tq.jpg

Back to the real world for a Hase 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IXc OOB

frlpau.jpg]

And finally the most recent build, another "What-If?"...Hase 1/48 F6F-5 built as a Naval Ordnance Test Station (China Lake) test bed for XAAM-7-A Sidewinder missile trials in 1952. Centerline tank is modified into and instrumentation pod. Orange paint is Hataka and decals are a hodgepodge.  

An1nr7.jpg

9rPU12.jpg

9nMmCv.jpg

The skills seem to be getting a bit better with each build.  Either way, I'm having fun and I'm realizing how much I missed building!