FAC(A) F-18D in OIF, 1/48th

So, I'm doing an OIF 2003-04 FAC(A) bird, and have a couple of pictures of the aircraft, showing what look like 4-shot WP rocket pods. Exactly what pod are they, and does anyone make them in 1/48th?

Oh, and were the ATARS birds used for the FAC(A) missions?

LAU-10 pods and Eduard make them always in the wrong 1/48 scale

Don't know about OIF ATARS I think MAW decals instruction had some information about it but I don't own it anymore

Luigi

Thanks for the replies. 

Luigi - Just looked at the MAW 001 sheet, and it has loadout info in the instructions. Plus(!!), it is in the right scale! Now I just have to locate some pods, I think the Hase weapons set B(?) has them also. thanks for the reminder! 

Neils - Thanks for the confirmation.

Pick - I'm using the Osprey series #56, US Marine Corps & RAAF Hornet units of OIF, and I'm not so sure about copyright, etc... It IS, however, a terrific resource to use. You can get it used for $5.44 on Amazon(I just looked).

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, Hasegawa pods have some dimension errors,someone in the past pointed it on this forums or Zone Five or maybe Tailhook topics had it covered,really I don't remember it very well but it seems that the dimensions are good for USAF 7 shots Zuni pods,the good ones are inside Fujimi A-4 kits and also the newer AV-8A from Airfix,I'm not sure about the ones included in the older Italeri weapon set but I will take a look if I manage to find them inside the sparepandoraparts box

EDIT

found them and they more shorter and thin than Fujimi ones

Luigi

Edited by Mizar
5 hours ago, Mizar said:

Scott, Hasegawa pods have some dimension errors,someone in the past pointed it on this forums or Zone Five or maybe Tailhook topics had it covered,really I don't remember it very well but it seems that the dimensions are good for USAF 7 shots Zuni pods,the good ones are inside Fujimi A-4 kits and also the newer AV-8A from Airfix,I'm not sure about the ones included in the older Italeri weapon set but I will take a look if I manage to find them inside the sparepandoraparts box

EDIT

found them and they more shorter and thin than Fujimi ones

Luigi

Erm. I think he’s talking 1/48. 

Mark

• IAGeezer changed the title to FAC(A) F-18D in OIF, 1/48th