Meng Satellite Guided Bombs is a rip-off

26 items in the box, hardly a rip off.  If you need more than two GBU-54 you might be able to swap with others or maybe the sprues are available to buy separately direct from Meng?

Edited by scotthldr
4 hours ago, dnl42 said:

It's not a ripoff. The set has a lot of stuff in it.

After all, it's not advertised as an "F-18E load-out" set, for some specific load-out...

You are right, but their missile sets come with 4 of each type. It would be nice to get at least that many. F-16s A-10s, F-15 and legacy hornets all routinely carry more than 2 of the type. Just a missed opportunity from Meng

13 hours ago, Vaildog said:

18 bucks and only 2 GBU-54s? $72 to load out and F-18E is ridiculous.

Well i guess the Hasegawa weapon sets all 5 or 6 of them are “rip off” as well.

Because “you” want a boat load of GBU-54’s a set which has a massive collection of weapons is a rip off?

Jeez I want to do an A-6A carrying 22 Snakes cheapskate Hasegawa only include 6 per set...rip off! Lol...

You cant be serious can you..:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, dehowie said:

Well i guess the Hasegawa weapon sets all 5 or 6 of them are “rip off” as well.

Because “you” want a boat load of GBU-54’s a set which has a massive collection of weapons is a rip off?

Jeez I want to do an A-6A carrying 22 Snakes cheapskate Hasegawa only include 6 per set...rip off! Lol...

You cant be serious can you..:rolleyes:

I am. As you said Hasegawa gives you 6 each of the type.

On 4/24/2018 at 10:27 PM, Vaildog said:

You are right, but their missile sets come with 4 of each type. It would be nice to get at least that many. F-16s A-10s, F-15 and legacy hornets all routinely carry more than 2 of the type. Just a missed opportunity from Meng

That is actually incorrect. As far as the Navy and Marine Corps are concerned, it is rare for the Hornet's to carry more than 2 at a time. Typical loads are GBU-54 x 2 on a CVER on station 2, with GBU-38 on station 8.

In fact, the Navy's current weapon of choice is the GBU-32 1000lb JDAM.