1/48 F-16 BDU sprinter and 2B decals

18 minutes ago, oppenheimerj said:

I spoke with them over Facebook messenger and he told me he can’t do anithing about the color, he was willing to send me a replacement set for the registry problem

Wow.....that's a really poor business decision.  They pooched the color and aren't willing to correct it even after it's pointed out to them!  I guess I have only one way to go and that is to ask for a full refund!

14 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Funny thing is Microscale can and does print Fs colors all the time. We've done it with them and cartograf for years. 

Agreed, but even that isn't a certainty that they'll match. I've found recently that Microscale's FS colors are a much better match than Cartograf's.

Disappointing. But I'm not convinced 30140 is the right color anyway. It's too dark and a brown not tan. Looks like I'll put this one off for a while, I still have to do the other three splinters anyway.

Man thats frustrating since I bought these decals as soon as they became available. Yet another Twobobs sheet that I bought thats never going to get used.

10 hours ago, Camus272 said:

Disappointing. But I'm not convinced 30140 is the right color anyway. It's too dark and a brown not tan. Looks like I'll put this one off for a while, I still have to do the other three splinters anyway.

30140 is much closer to the right color than the color on the decals sheet currently!  At least from what I can tell using my FS guide, but I'm with you.......really wanted to do this jet, but I'll wait until someone gets it right

30140 is the correct color. These jets are painted in standard colors and the colors came from the squadron paint guides. Tan would be 30219 and that's too light. 

Printing color screw ups do happen but when it's a reverse camo, they need to be correct. Hopefully there will be a correction insert. 

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals
On 5/1/2018 at 8:51 PM, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Funny thing is Microscale can and does print Fs colors all the time. We've done it with them and cartograf for years. 

How so? FS colors aren't available in printing inks, printers can either print with spot Pantone or CMYK mixes, so how can this be?

On 5/4/2018 at 2:25 PM, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

30140 is the correct color. These jets are painted in standard colors and the colors came from the squadron paint guides. Tan would be 30219 and that's too light. 

Printing color screw ups do happen but when it's a reverse camo, they need to be correct. Hopefully there will be a correction insert. 

IIn that case then the photo is really overexposed, which could be why I've seen the green referenced as 34258. I wish we could get some more photos.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 8:39 PM, Camus272 said:

IIn that case then the photo is really overexposed, which could be why I've seen the green referenced as 34258. I wish we could get some more photos.

Has anyone heard from Two Bob's about these decals or a correction being printed for the BDU markings?  Just curious!

No correction at all so far on these decals, i just finished my F-16 with the decals, dont look that bad at all, but you can see the difference in the colors, i will post some pictures today in ARC facebook page during the day

Jorge

4 hours ago, oppenheimerj said:

No correction at all so far on these decals, i just finished my F-16 with the decals, dont look that bad at all, but you can see the difference in the colors, i will post some pictures today in ARC facebook page during the day

Jorge

Wow Jorge, you're Viper looks great!

But I have to say that the decals are sub par.  Not only is the color off but they are out of register!  I just can't believe that Two Bobs isn't correcting this mistake, especially when it's being brought to their attention!

On 5/5/2018 at 6:36 AM, Trigger said:

How so? FS colors aren't available in printing inks, printers can either print with spot Pantone or CMYK mixes, so how can this be?

Don't know the tech behind it. But the printers have FS fan decks and can print those colors perfectly. Calm and ask them. I've printed fs at Microscale and cartograf for a long time. 

Brian. 

As for the BDU scheme, the more I look at the brown, in some shots it looks 30219 tan. And some 30140 brown. Either way I want to build this jet when there are decals for it.