1/48 F-16 BDU sprinter and 2B decals

Wanting to build 295 F-16 BDU green splinter. Looking at pictures of the real thing it looks pretty clear that the markings are in reverse camo, mostly brown and some black. But looking at 2B decals, the markings are all in gray and some black on the sheet artwork. Anyone have the sheet and can confirm that? Are there any other options for building this with the brown markings color? 

http://www.twobobs.net/contents/en-us/p713_48-262-F-16C-Alaskan-Splinters-Part-II.html

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/the-war-zone/14949/alaskan-aggressor-f-16-emerges-in-awesome-forest-green-splinter-camouflage%3Fsource%3Ddam?source=images

8 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Wanting to build 295 F-16 BDU green splinter. Looking at pictures of the real thing it looks pretty clear that the markings are in reverse camo, mostly brown and some black. But looking at 2B decals, the markings are all in gray and some black on the sheet artwork. Anyone have the sheet and can confirm that? Are there any other options for building this with the brown markings color? 

http://www.twobobs.net/contents/en-us/p713_48-262-F-16C-Alaskan-Splinters-Part-II.html

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/the-war-zone/14949/alaskan-aggressor-f-16-emerges-in-awesome-forest-green-splinter-camouflage%3Fsource%3Ddam?source=images

Hey Brian,

I've got the decals in front of me and the markings for the BDU Splinter scheme have a brown tint to them, not gray.  There are gray markings for the Artic Splinter Scheme, but the ones for the BDU Viper look brownish to me.  I got the FS color guide out and the color that comes very, very close is FS 20095 if that helps.  Let me know if you need anything else.

Brad

4 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Thats really good news. Any chance you can snap a pic of it so I can see?... the online images are pretty clearly gray. 

Thanks!

renegades24@hotmail.com

Images on the way!  Let me know if you need anything else!

Edited by ORANGF15Guy
2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I'd like to see the real plane if anyone can share.

Hey Whiskey,

If you google....F-16 BDU Splinter Camo it pulls up a couple of shots in the image tab.  Not the best pics but you will get a feel for what the camo looks like!

Hope that helps!

Well i just finished the vertical tail on my BDU, and for the first time 2Bobs screw it big, the tan color on the decals is way off, darker and grayish that the tan color on the aircraf, and they are out of registry, managed to fix some of the white lines on the edge of the letters, but others will show, i have 2 closeup pictures of this bird, i will post it later

Jorge

On 2018-04-30 at 4:59 AM, oppenheimerj said:

Well i just finished the vertical tail on my BDU, and for the first time 2Bobs screw it big, the tan color on the decals is way off, darker and grayish that the tan color on the aircraf, and they are out of registry, managed to fix some of the white lines on the edge of the letters, but others will show, i have 2 closeup pictures of this bird, i will post it later

Jorge

This would also depend on which tan you painted. 2 Bobs May have the tan correct, but it didn’t match the paint brand you used.

I spoke with 2 bobs and they told me the maker of the decals use pantone colors and not FS colors, so they try to match to closest one, i used MRP paint eith the code that 2 bobs provided, and is the same brown as the airplane in the pictures i have

Jorge

Edited by oppenheimerj
21 minutes ago, oppenheimerj said:

I spoke with 2 bobs and they told me the maker of the decals use pantone colors and not FS colors, so they try to match to closest one, i used MRP paint eith the code that 2 bobs provided, and is the same brown as the airplane in the pictures i have

Jorge

So......are the decals the wrong color?  They are much too dark using the paint call out colors for the jet on the decals info sheet.  And if you look at the pictures on the internet of the real thing the markings look much lighter!

Inquiring minds want to know!

33 minutes ago, oppenheimerj said:

here is the tail with decals on

IMG_15393413_zpsplpibtcs.jpg

and here is the real one, the letters and data are the same color as the camo

IMG_1072_zpsljyghsrs.jpg

That's what I was worried about......Have you made Two Bob's aware of this?  I wonder if they will issue an update to make things right?  It also looks like there is some registry issues as well!

That's what I was afraid of... Bobs Pantone colors rarely match up to Fs colors. 

Funny thing is Microscale can and does print Fs colors all the time. We've done it with them and cartograf for years. Really necessary when you have reverse camo colors. Oh well, I'll wait for someone else to make these markings. Fights On, Furball, Bullseye?...

2 hours ago, oppenheimerj said:

Jorge

Wow, I was going to buy that sheet, not anymore. Well it may still be good for the blue splinter. As you mentioned though, the markings are also out of register.

The thing is, the only one ever produced the splinter falcons is 2bobs, so if i want the BDU on my collection i will have to live with this ones, this will be my 3erd splinter falcon

And my BDU is 70% done

Jorge

Hey Fellas,

I just emailed Bob at Two Bob's and got the auto reply saying that he will be out from 4/28 through 5/13.  I also told him that it appeared that there was a problem with the BDU Splinter markings being two dark and directed him to this thread.....so we will see what happens!

4 minutes ago, ORANGF15Guy said:

Hey Fellas,

I just emailed Bob at Two Bob's and got the auto reply saying that he will be out from 4/28 through 5/13.  I also told him that it appeared that there was a problem with the BDU Splinter markings being two dark and directed him to this thread.....so we will see what happens!

I spoke with them over Facebook messenger and he told me he can’t do anithing about the color, he was willing to send me a replacement set for the registry problem