Strange colored F-15 bare metal panels

So, I posted this question in my "Volcanic Aggressor" thread, but I think it got lost there. I am posting it again in the hope of getting some information about what I am seeing in the photo below. Note the dark color of the bare metal panels at the rear of the aircraft. I have never seen anything like this. I have seen pics that show heat discoloration, but this photo makes it look like they "blued" the metal. The strange thing is, I have other photos of this same aircraft and the panels are the normal silverish metal color. Am i just seeing some extremely heat discoloration?

40780296405_66916a3c0d_b.jpg

Thanks for the reply foxmulder_ms. I found another photo of the bottom of the aircraft. In this one, the color of the roundles looks brighter and the color of the bare metal area is not as dark, but still darker than I am used to seeing. Must be heat dscoloration. Who knows, maybe Mitsubishi does something different in that area of the plane.

Edited by Mstor
5 minutes ago, jmel said:

I think it's just lighting and post processing of the image by the photographer.

I suppose you're right. Too bad, I thought the dark colored area in the first photo looked cool :whistle: