RCAF T-33 Seats and GWH Kits

3 hours ago, Brad-M said:

Yes, they are. The seats in the GWH kits are nice, but I just want to ensure that they are the correct version of seat for the CT-133.

Brad

The T-33 seats didn’t have too many versions, Brad.  They should work fine.  Later in the nineties, the shoulder harness came through the headrest.  What era are you doing?

Tony

Guys,

Did the CT-133 seats have cushions? Also, I have seen pics of the shoulder harness upper anchor point through the headrest and some underneath the headrest, which is correct?

TIA

Brad

Most of the pics I have seen show the seat with the restraints thru the headrest, I would hazard (with no official backup) that the other type of seat would have been prior unification (1967). But I guess it is possible that some have linguered longer. Even my model above does not have the right seat, I was too lazy/not talented enough to modify the resin seat I used....

Capture 2.JPG

Capture 3.JPG

Edited by yvesff

In that era, the shoulder harness did not go through the headrest.  The pilot sat on a survival seat pack similar to the Tutor seat pack.  I get home later tonight, Brad,  I can send some pics 😀

Tony

Here is one with no restraints thru the head rest and the color scheme you are doing....and the opposite example...

Capture 4.JPG

Capture 5.JPG

Edited by yvesff
On 4/30/2018 at 9:05 PM, Brad-M said:

Thanks Yves, and yes that scheme. I am using GWH's T-33A with the vent mods added, and Mike Belcher decals.

Thanks

Brad

Hey Brad that is one of my favourite schemes for the CAF CT-133s. I was not a big fan of the special schemes for some reason.

Anyway, you say you are doing the vent mods? Does that include the NACA ducts? Some time ago I was trying to do the intakes with some 3D cad software I had access to and try and get it 3D printed. Holy cow it is tiny in 1/48th. I am also trying to get down to the Aviation museum to actually measure up the one there.

Hi,

The RoCAF T-33A boxing; (2nd boxing of the GWH kit) comes with the NACA inlets molded on the fuselage. All I had to do was drill the aux air vent on the left side rear fuselage, and scratch the pair of exit air vents. Not sure if I need to add the gun camera and/or the small light on the right side air intake.

Cheers

Brad 

1 hour ago, Brad-M said:

Hi,

The RoCAF T-33A boxing; (2nd boxing of the GWH kit) comes with the NACA inlets molded on the fuselage. All I had to do was drill the aux air vent on the left side rear fuselage, and scratch the pair of exit air vents. Not sure if I need to add the gun camera and/or the small light on the right side air intake.

Cheers

Brad 

Well what the heck. Now GWH is costing me more money 😄. Although having said that I was speaking with someone last year about those NACA ducts and we were not sure if the ones on the USAF aircraft were the same size or location as the CAF birds. I guess a look at a bunch of pictures would tell the story?

As for the light on the intake, I just checked a photo on my hard drive and I can see the light on the edge of the intake lip on the starboard side. I will send it to you. I think this is an early shot since it is in NM so 1960s?

Guys, What colour was the canvas cover for the two control sticks to cover the linkages in the cockpit? I don't seem to have a pic to show them.

TIA

Brad