ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
dsahling

New Product Idea

What about casting copies of the Tamiya 1/32 F-16C Non-bulged landing gear bay doors from the 'Thunderbirds' kit?  They could be sold either as part of a conversion to an 'A' or 'B' model or just on their own?  The fact that I'm going to be doing a 1/32 F-16B from 'Iron Eagle' has nothing to do with this! :-)

Dan

Where do you think a lot of these resin items come from??????  They start out as parts from sprues!!!!!!!!!  Yeah, I'm pretty sure the FBI is going to come after some guy casting a few model airplane parts for other model airplane nerds to finish their projects  :-).  I'm sure he's just raking in as much money as a cocaine operation.  Relax a little.  

I think it's your use of punctuation that needs to be relaxed. Clearly the FBI wouldn't be involved, however, one could be sued for blatantly stealing components. That's just not how serious business people operate, not matter how much you really want the part.

Edited by Specter1075

12 hours ago, Specter1075 said:

I think it's your use of punctuation that needs to be relaxed. Clearly the FBI wouldn't be involved, however, one could be sued for blatantly stealing components. That's just not how serious business people operate, not matter how much you really want the part.

If that were the case, Scale Aircraft Conversions would not be in business. Their metal landing gear sets are direct copies of the kit supplied landing gear. A large portion of aftermarket conversions/update parts are based off of direct copies of, or modified kit parts. Since the early 90's when the resin industry really took off, not a single aftermarket company has been sued by a kit manufacturer. It hasn't happened in nearly 30 years and I seriously doubt it ever will.

Just because everyone does it doesn’t make it right......

2 hours ago, habu2 said:

Just because everyone does it doesn’t make it right......

And what about making copies of other people's resin works? Same thing right? No problem, just go right ahead.

I think habu2 has a point.

All kits are copies of the real thing.  How many model kits are officially licensed by the manufacturer of the real thing?  Maybe Northrop Grumman should sue Tamiya? 

Many kits are officially licensed by the manufacturer and say so on the box and incorporate the appropriate trademark... might wanna look on a box sometime...