ARC Discussion Forums
JFVicente

1/72 Hasegawa F-4C with lots of extras and scratch

Juan,

your weathering technique for the tank was scary looking till the final pictures, which look certainly look the part of well used and weathered tanks. 

Joel

49 minutes ago, Joel_W said:

...   your weathering technique for the tank was scary looking till the final pictures, which look certainly look the part of well used and weathered tanks. 

I agree about the scary part, but think the final is somewhat overdone, and not really befitting of Juan's superior construction talents. I say that with trepidation since I don't want to appear negative as concerns this great build. :kissing2:

As concerns the drop tank "weathering", I think the "spilled gas" effect running down from the fuel caps should not be there since  those were not common refueling points (and the seals didn't/shouldn't leak. Maybe Spanish tanks were refueled this way???. A crew chief could provide some clarification here. Of course there were usually plenty of scuff marks from boots where the crews used the tanks as steps to get down from the wings.

Thanksfully  Spanish Phantoms are better kept, appearance wise, than the Greeks'.  

Gene K