Canopy Masking/Painting

Last night I masked off a SBD dauntless 1/48 revel model. It was tedious work and a real test of patience. I used sliced painter's tape and maskrol. I then airbrushed the two canopy pieces. This morning I removed the masking and maskrol and found some overspray on the windscreen away from the frames. Additionally the glass is a bit foggy. I had dipped it in Future before I painted (a day before). Maybe it was the wrong way to remove glue, but I took a wood toothpick and rubbed away the paint where it was not supposed to be. I was pretty disappointed with the final result. I spent a lot of time masking. Any ideas on how to clean up the fog and the paint residue? Thanks all.

Jim

That's one of the reasons I seldom if ever use Future on canopies. You might try using a small q-tip with some Windex on the trouble panels -- it'll melt/take off the Future and possibly the overspray as well.

Yeah, what Jabow said.  The first thing I do is dip the canopy first when building a plane. Let the Future cure for a week and you won't  have this problem. Cured Future is very tough.