1/48 Super Etendard, Kinetic or Kitty Hawk?

Go with the Kinetic. I've built both, and although both are nicely detailed, the modular design of the Kittyhawk kit is annoying, especially the dorsal hump behind the cockpit (which is awkwardly split into 2 pieces) Also, the the detachable aft section on the Kittyhawk kit does not fit very well either. Having said that I don't like how the Kinetic kit doesn't have a separate nosecone, but everything else is superior. I am actually waiting for a third manufacturer to come out with a superior kit than both.....come on AMK?

6 hours ago, Hoosfoos said:

I am actually waiting for a third manufacturer to come out with a superior kit than both

I wouldn't hold my breath. The SuE/SEM is somewhat a niche subject and there are already two kits around that are both superior to the Heller kit. Producing a fourth 1/48 SuE/SEM may not be a very wise choice to make from a financial point-of-view.

15 hours ago, Hoosfoos said:

Go with the Kinetic. I've built both, and although both are nicely detailed, the modular design of the Kittyhawk kit is annoying, especially the dorsal hump behind the cockpit (which is awkwardly split into 2 pieces) Also, the the detachable aft section on the Kittyhawk kit does not fit very well either. Having said that I don't like how the Kinetic kit doesn't have a separate nosecone, but everything else is superior. I am actually waiting for a third manufacturer to come out with a superior kit than both.....come on AMK?

Thanks for the info...

Manuel,

Are you building a SuE? Since when are you NOT building an F-14 kit instead? :hmmm:

Anyways, I'd also go with the Kinetic kit. It's a much better kit than it's the Kitty Hawk one.

P.S: Tell me you're building it in the Argentinean Navy service. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

Manuel,

Are you building a SuE? Since when are you NOT building an F-14 kit instead? :hmmm:

Anyways, I'd also go with the Kinetic kit. It's a much better kit than it's the Kitty Hawk one.

P.S: Tell me you're building it in the Argentinean Navy service. :thumbsup:

I´m building an F-4J VF-84, next, F-14D Tamiya or AMK 
And I planning to do the SUE, and yes Argentinian...

Greetings...

I have both but have only completed the Kinetic offering which makes a very nice replica. Like everyone else here, Kitty Hawk’s breakdown will spell issues in fit city I think. This is based on my experiences with their recce cougar and banshee, both of which I “wrasled” with. I’m sure I’ll tackle the KH one when I feel the urge for miliput!