F-14A VF-41 1/48 decal options

I'm trying to find a 1/48 decal set for a low-viz VF-41 Tomcat. There are several variations. The images below are taken from http://www.seaforces.org/usnair/VF/Fighter-Squadron-41.htm

I am interested in the following (different modex ok):

image078.jpg

image076.jpg

image049.jpg

Note that there is one version where the stencils and the stars and bar are lighter than the paint. I am *not* looking for this version:

image027.jpg

Are there any good quality decals sets for this scheme? The only one I found was yellow hammer's: 

http://s3.amazonaws.com/fineartofdecalsimages/YHD48024.jpg

https://modelingmadness.com/scott/decals/yh48024.htm

But it seems like the stencils are the lighter type, which I don't want. 

I don't see that particular scheme done as a whole on any sheet either.  But I would not think it would be too difficult to piece it together using the Yellow Hammer or CAM set ( https://www.scalemates.com/kits/634674-custom-aeronautical-miniatures-cam-48-006-f-14a-tomcat-vf-21-vf-41) and some lo-viz stencils from another decal set or from a dedicated lo-viz stencil sheet. 

That Yellow Hammer sheet will probably be difficult to find, but the CAM sheet is readily available.

Your biggest challenge is most likely going to be the large two - digit Modex numbers on the wings.

Edit:  Forgot about the BuNo.  That is the biggest issue after some more thought...

Edited by Fighting Eighty-Four

There's 2 timeframes in those shots. Top 3 are Desert Storm. And no markings exist. Bottom is Enduring Freedom and CAM and yellow hammer did that. But both are pretty bad. The light color markings are way off and too light.

Fightertown has the OEF markings coming for the Tamiya kit. I'm planning to release them later in May. 

But it if you want ODS, you'll need all the stencils in 36081. You could source 36081 data from lots of sources. And just get the Fightertown sheet for the tails...

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals

Thank you both. Brian, yes, the first three pics are what I was looking for, and the last one what I was not. Good to hear that you are planning a new sheet. Is there a link with FT's current and upcoming releases? I visited FT's website. There are a few more squadrons that I am looking at, so it would be nice to check out if those might be in the pipeline too. 

Off topic, but need to vent. I don't understand why we have had no AM NACA vent for the Tamiya kit except for SB. That is the one thing that has been holding up a lot of my dream builds. Quickboost did the TCS chin pod, and SB has nice vinyl L-braces for the tails. Seats are easy to find and ECM bumps easy to make. Just the NACA vents.... Aaahhhhhh.....

Superscale 48-1044 will get you pretty close.  AJ101 (BuNo 160394) with `StrikeCat′ nose art is from spring of 1995.  I have pics of that jet a few days before it was lost at sea.

Superscale 48-438 is also close.  This is the Desert Storm nose art bird.

48-1044 isn't even in the ballpark. Colors and sizes are wrong. It doesn't have any of the 36081 markings. 

48-438 works for the 101 jet but nothing for low viz. if you want the 101 Ace of Spades nose art, the sheet you want is Fightertown 48013 Desert Storm Nose Art. 

Brian 

• 5 years later...
On 5/7/2018 at 5:31 PM, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

48-1044 isn't even in the ballpark. Colors and sizes are wrong. It doesn't have any of the 36081 markings. 

48-438 works for the 101 jet but nothing for low viz. if you want the 101 Ace of Spades nose art, the sheet you want is Fightertown 48013 Desert Storm Nose Art. 

Brian 

Are the "Strike Cat" tail markings and stencils all in 36081 Euro gray?