Pilatus PC-6 Porter "Air America" in 1:72, Classic Plane

The Pilatus PC-6 Porter is one of the secret main characters of the movie "Air America". Unfortunately a kit of this versatile aircraft in 1:72 is only available as short-run by the german company "Classic Planes". This model was part of my current series of builds for the Vietnam-GB in the german modellboard.net forum.

K5LK8ay.jpg

Although of german brand, this is really typical short-run... 😉

Nevertheless, I added some details, mainly cargo in form of "hard rice" (ammunition by Air America freight code) and other stuff you´ll need to fight communism!

Nka9DbZ.jpg

The pilot is wearing a "chicken-plate" vest (no idea where he got that from... 😉 ), while his indigenous co-pilot trusts his Uzi:

F3SA0oB.jpg

"You know, that would make a great TV commercial? 'Excuse me, is that an Uzi?' 'Why, yes it is. Hey, self-defense is no laughing matter! That why when I want number one I pack an Uzi... accept no substitutes.'."

I had to scratch-build a new exhaust, since the kit came with a different engine:

WhoLZq7.jpg

4EkODXR.jpg

TtjJtx7.jpg

EEK6ypt.jpg

And the finished model:

A PC-6 Porter has landed on a small dirt-strip somewhere in Laos:

npvK3Fe.jpg

It carries "hard rice" and is flying for the "private" ( 😉 ) company  "Air America".

7bDdmlB.jpg

The customers aren´t visible yet, but that doesn´t worry the crew.

FxauSaC.jpg

They have already turned the aircraft for departure to make up time after the off-loading.

Q2bpMq8.jpg

iMzLuqP.jpg

sUVXeiS.jpg

Ah, some movement in the bush?!?

L4ayp28.jpg

A segeant of the Special Forces, fighting the communist with his team and the local population, checks the situation.

pj6oAg5.jpg

"Any news from home? Got some letters for me? Did you at least sent some nice letters to my wife in my name??"

RprJULW.jpg

"Good flight, see you next week!"

SiGyALN.jpg

HAJO