Does anybody have the Ginter book on the FH? I'd like to know if the engine ducting intrudes into the main gear wells. Also, is the ceiling of the well the undersurface of the wing skin or is the well not as deep as the wing thickness? I don't really need a picture as I'm not super detailing, I'll guess as to details. I just want to block out the open hole in the MPM 1/72 FH. I haven't been able to find any undersurface pictures on the inner tubes.

Thanks

Dave

I don't have answers on those details, but do you know that Special Hobby is bringing out a new FH-1 in 1/72? From the sprue shots that have been posted, it looks much better than the original kit. However, it has been "coming out soon" for more than a year (or is it two now?), so I can't tell you how long you'd have to wait.

Edited by Paul Boyer
50 minutes ago, VG 33 said:

Hi Dave

Here is one of the pictures I took in 2012 at the Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola.

Patrick

Perfect, thanks! It looks like the well is roofed and the engine just intrudes a little into the inboard front corner. That's probably where the combustor is as it's the widest part of the engine. The jet pipe looks like it's all above the roof. I can fudge it to my requirements from this photo.

3 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

I don't have answers on those details, but do you know that Special Hobby is bringing out a new FH-1 in 1/72? From the sprue shots that have been posted, it looks much better than the original kit. However, it has been "coming out soon" for more than a year (or is it two now?), so I can't tell you how long you'd have to wait.

Thanks Paul, but, if it's not already in my stash, I don't need it. I've already got enough to last until I'm 250 years old and I kind of like old, crappy kits. I can't wait to see your build of the new one though.