F-16 intake painting tips

Building Tamiya's 1/48 aggressor kit in the AK version. What have people done to get this thing to look correct? I poured white latex paint into the intake to deal with that but the crisp gray line at the mouth has me wondering how to proceed. maybe temp attach the lip while doing the exterior colors and then removing and painting the inside gray afterward?

10 hours ago, salvine said:

Building Tamiya's 1/48 aggressor kit in the AK version. What have people done to get this thing to look correct? I poured white latex paint into the intake to deal with that but the crisp gray line at the mouth has me wondering how to proceed. maybe temp attach the lip while doing the exterior colors and then removing and painting the inside gray afterward?

I painted the camo  color on the inside of the lip before attaching, then gently sanded the back of the lip and the front of the intake so they were good mating surfaces. Glue ‘em up and your inner paint demarcation is all set. Now you can mask the intake by just stuffing a piece of foam in there. No tricky mask-inside-the-intake required.