Any Pics of JASDF F-4EJ carrying AIM-4 Falcons?

I've done a search of the interweb trying to find any pics of JASDF F-4EJ's carrying the AIM-4 Falcon and can only find built models or diecast replicas.   I've found a video on Youtube showing an early pre Kai F-4EJ with the rails mounted but nothing showing a missile loaded on an actual bird.  Anyone?

Hi Don,

Pictures of JASDF F-4s carrying Falcons seem to be exceptionally rare. It looks as though the Japanese decided that, like the USAF, the AIM-4 wasn't a practical weapon and quickly discarded it in favour of the Sidewinder. The rails (especially the lower ones) seemed to serve some purpose as they can be seen being carried  into at least the early '80s. Smoke Trails Vol 17, No.4 has a picture of the very last Phantom 17-8440, which was built in 1981, with them installed.

I've had look through my library of Phantom books and the only picture I could find of a F--4EJ carrying AIM-4s was in the Bunrindo Famous Airplanes of the World No.82 (black cover series) on Export Phantoms. It's on page 82  and is 27-8304 of 301 Squadron; this aircraft crashed on 1st May 1973 being the first Phantom to be lost by the JASDF. Interestingly this airframe was the second assembled using the Knockdown Kits supplied to Mitsubishi from St Louis and so was technically a F-4E-45-MC. So it wouldn't be out of place to have AIM-4Ds installed, but probably only on a Grey over White jet and almost certainly not on a Kai!

HTH,

Jonathan