Paint Match for Coast Guard HH-65s/HH-60s

Thanks for the pointers.  I'm just not sure that I can agree.  1st of all, I find it very difficult to believe that the USCG has multiple very different colors depending upon the airframe.  Secondly...a quick survey of Airliners.net shows that the color shifts between a red to orange depending upon the light and color balance...but it is clearly orangy...but doesn't look international orangy.  

Salvador001 is absolutely correct in what he says.  The HH-65 and HH-60 are different colours, it may not appear that way in photographs but they are.

The HH-65 colour is officially known as "Tangerine",  but isn't available in the modelling world. Model Master's 4629 Chevy engine Red is almost identical.

In addition to Chevy Engine Red (Model Master #28006, Auto Lacquer Paints) there's Cobalt Blue (Model Master 201207, International Military & Figure Enamel Paints). I used Model Master Thinner to airbrush them.

• 1 month later...

The correct color for 60's is 12197, the 65's are a little trickier. It's FS12250, and not something that has been bottled in a hobby paint. 12197 with a couple drops of insignia red looks pretty good to me, but i haven't had a chance to compare it to the real thing under equal lighting conditions yet. If its any consolation, a lot of the quick touch up jobs on 65's are done with 12197 rattle cans if we dont feel like mixing paint.

• 5 years later...

The MH-60 and MH-65 helicopters are painted the same color orange: FS12250.  

I have visited the Aviation Logistics Center in Elizabeth City, North Carolina where all program depot maintenance is performed (including painting) for these aircraft and I have personally spoken to one of the painters that prepare and paint the aircraft.