1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18D VMFA (AW)-225 Vikings

This is “Miss Understood “. 1/48 Hasegawa 2 seater hornet. Gunze Acrylics and Alclad for paints. Eduard pe and Blackbox resin for cockpit added. Used mixed Twobobs and Flying Leathernecks Decals. 

Hope you like it 😉

C705FoB.jpgn0IEu3S.jpg5WEMHPq.jpg ySv3wst.jpgkNlUMf6.jpgHUaVLtW.jpgp1dWmyH.jpgnOpiDl4.jpgg0zEay7.jpg

Now that's a really one impressive photo presentation. The combination of superior photography coupled with an excellent  build really kicks your build up quite a few notches. 

Photography is my other life long hobby, and seeing a presentation such as yours is a real treat. Thanks so much for taking the time for that shoot. 

Joel

That is one beeeeeeautiful model Eric!  And as the others have mentioned, the photography is just stunning.

I love these markings, and actually plan on doing an in-flight build of this exact same aircraft... some day.  LOL However, I will let this awesome build fade from the consciousness of the masses before I make my attempt!  🤪

46 minutes ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

That is one beeeeeeautiful model Eric!  And as the others have mentioned, the photography is just stunning.

I love these markings, and actually plan on doing an in-flight build of this exact same aircraft... some day.  LOL However, I will let this awesome build fade from the consciousness of the masses before I make my attempt!  🤪

I will surely wait and watch your beautiful build once you start it.

Eric,

Just noticed that you live in New Jersey. So I'm hoping to meet you next year at the Mosquitocon, and see your F/A-18D up close. I missed this year due to a poor weather prediction of snow. With only one eye having to drive from NJ to Suffolk county LI is more then I could manage in snow conditions. Of course it never snowed! In my next life I want to be a weatherman. 

Joel

16 hours ago, speedlimit said:

I actually was at the MosquitoCon last month but never entered anything. I was hoping to meet somebody from our group. 

Eric

Eric,

looking forward to meeting you next year. 

Joel

Yes, I like the a lot too. How about all the ACMI, LGB, MK, and 9x, where did you get those from? I have a very similar F-18C plan, but I am trying to collect the load out for it. Also, did you do any scratch building on the ACMI clamps? 

2 hours ago, Janissary said:

Yes, I like the a lot too. How about all the ACMI, LGB, MK, and 9x, where did you get those from? I have a very similar F-18C plan, but I am trying to collect the load out for it. Also, did you do any scratch building on the ACMI clamps? 

Janissary...the the bombs, acme and missile came from the 1/48 Hasegawa Weapons D & E. The only scratchbuilding I did was the sensor and camera for the JHMCS in the cockpit.