CD48142 - 1/48 EF-111A Raven

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:08 AM, Dutch said:

Here's my vote for the upcoming 1/48 EF-111A sheet: 390th ECS, 366 TFW @ Mountain Home AFB circa late 80's / early 90's.

ef-111a.jpg

Preferably 66-0014 "Spirit of Idaho" Wing Commander's bird or 67-0039 Squadron Commander's bird:

004.JPG

I second Dutch's suggestion!

55 minutes ago, joeltc said:

Im loving all the attention you 're giving the F-111. Now all we need is a better kit..

Unless your building the 1/72 Hasegawa ones yes, yes we do need a better kit!

Edited by achterkirch
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Kursad,  I know that you have a copy of the Don Logan book, but do have a copy of the Warpaint by Stafrace? Other than the old Detail & Scale by Burt Kinsey, that's it for me!  I will check for photos of "Strong Arm Tactics" tonight. R/ Dutch

001.JPG.7ff581c77e851700a05619bea6699146.JPG

Edited by Dutch
add photo

Air-Britain photo page has several good photos of EF-111As with nose art.  "Cherry Bomb," "Ye Olde Crow" & "Mistress of Deception" are a few. Most photos are from the mid to late 80s, so no art back then.  I am going to kill a baby seal here (maybe not, as this is long OOP), but the only artwork I can find for "Strong Arm Tactics" is for the old CE sheet.  It looks like Batman throwing a right jab with red words angled up to the right.

002.JPG

Edited by Dutch
  • 2 weeks later...

Folks, what was the wing / group that the "Det. 3" that supported EF-111A development at Eglin? I can not identify the unit badge on Eglin EF-111A with the "OT" tail code. I went through the unit badges at f-111.net without any luck - hopefully the ARC hive mind can sort this out?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8d56q21ho69yf3/badge1.jpg?dl=0

Edited by KursadA

It looks like the unit was 4485th TS of the USAF Tactical Air Warfare Center (TAWC) - the badge seems to be the old emblem of the TAWC, currently the badge used by the 53rd Wing.  

I initially drew a blank because I was looking at Edwards AFB units - the aircraft were based at Eglin.

• 2 weeks later...

The sheet has "Let Em Eat Crow", "Babyjam" and "Cherry Bomb"; in addition to "Mistress of Deception", "Straight Flush", the prototype with orange markings, an OT jet and a couple of others. It has been in the works for months and it's almost finished, so it is a bit late to suggest any additions to it. I will post the final drafts in a few days and I hope you'll like it.