CD48142 - 1/48 EF-111A Raven

Thanks Kursad for taking the time to produce these F-111 decals, there is so little available out there. I already have the 'Dark Vark' sheet, am awaiting the F-111A set to arrive at Hannants here in the UK, and this Raven sheet will complete a much needed trio for this very significant and unique aircraft.  

Can one of you with the 1/48 scale Hobby Boss and/or 1/72 scale Hasegawa EF-111 kits please measure the dimensions of the landing gear doors (shown as A and B in the image below) and post it here (in millimeters)? I only have the Academy kit and want to make sure all bases are covered. Your help will be much appreciated - thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/3uUVm6d

Edited by KursadA

Hasegawa 1/72 kit, A = 5.9 mm, B = 24.8 mm

The nose gear doors are common parts for all their F/FB/EF kits, the canoe fairings on the nose door are specific add-on parts for the EF kits.  Do you need dimensions on the fairings?

edit: I dug out the old Monogram 1/72 EF kit and A = 6.1 mm, B = 25.0 mm.  On the Monogram kit the nose gear bay and doors are molded together as one part with the doors in the open position, so the A dimension may not be super accurate.

Edited by habu2
3 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Is the Monogram kit the same tooling as the Esci/AMT kit?

I don't have the Esci EF-111 kit but I do have the AMT  F-111A kit and the parts/trees are definitely different from the Monogram kit.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tony.t said:

Really great-looking sheet. Is this going to make it to 1/72 for the Hasegawa Raven ?  I love it.

Tony 

Yes, it is going to be scaled down to 1/72 scale in a couple of months, on time for the Revell kit. The same set of options.

Edited by KursadA
On 1 February 2020 at 10:52 PM, KursadA said:

Yes, it is going to be scaled down to 1/72 scale in a couple of months, on time for the Revell kit. The same set of options.

Great news, as I want it for the recent Hasegawa re-release. 

Cheers

Tony 

• 1 month later...

This sheet arrived with the last batch, but I was not able to offer it on sale since the instructions were not done yet. I hope to make it available in the April batch, as soon as I clear the shipping back log and sort out some of the supply chain issues I am having due to the coronavirus pandemic.

But it turned out great - I am sure you will like it when it is available for sale soon. I will post a few photos soon.

• 2 weeks later...