CD48062 F-104 "Starfighters" will be a 1/48 sheet for the F-104's flown by Starfighters Aerospace. Markings for both their older scheme and the new "splinter" scheme are included. 

Enough markings to let you build any two of four options:  two single seaters (N104RN and N993SF), and two twin-seaters (N104RB and N992SF)

This sheet was made with permission from Starfighters Aerospace.

Currently being printed, to be available in June.

cd48062profiles.jpg cd48062.jpg 

25 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Hers' some nice pics of the splinter schemed aircraft, in case someone hasn't seen it yet. Its a really beauty.

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-news/f-104-flight-training-launches-at-floridas-kennedy-space-center.html

Thanks for posting that article.  If I had some spare cash lying around I would love to get a F-104 type rating.  I read elsewhere it’s $17,000 an hour to fly in Starfighter’s F-104s.  I better start playing the lottery!  🙂

29 minutes ago, Corey said:

Thanks for posting that article.  If I had some spare cash lying around I would love to get a F-104 type rating.  I read elsewhere it’s $17,000 an hour to fly in Starfighter’s F-104s.  I better start playing the lottery!  🙂

I got a back-seat ride for free. 🙃

Edited by Scooby
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice sheet for one of my favorite aircraft!  I didn't see this one coming until I got the email today.  Just ordered a sheet.

Does anyone know if the 1/48 Hasegawa "Red Baron" kit is appropriate for one of these?  I was thinking I can do a CF-104 from that kit, not sure about one of the splinter camo examples though.

On 8/24/2018 at 12:32 PM, dmk0210 said:

Nice sheet for one of my favorite aircraft!  I didn't see this one coming until I got the email today.  Just ordered a sheet.

Does anyone know if the 1/48 Hasegawa "Red Baron" kit is appropriate for one of these?  I was thinking I can do a CF-104 from that kit, not sure about one of the splinter camo examples though.

The earlier schemes are CF-104s, the later splinter schemes are a G model (dual) and a S model for the single. Your Red Baron kit is a G, I don’t recall if the S parts are in that boxing. You can perhaps ask if anyone has the S parts in their spares, DACO also sells the sprues for an S conversion for the Hasegawa kit.

• 1 month later...