New line: Caracal Models Basics

"Caracal Models Basics" will be a new line of decals for simpler, general purpose sheets like stencilling, structural details, national insignia, badges etc.  I will soon start releasing a bunch of stencilling sheets, to be followed by general US and foreign national insignia. This line of decals will aim to provide high-quality alternatives to the stencilling and national insignia on kit decals, and also allow you to build more than one option from many Caracal Models sheets.

The first sheet in this line is :

CDB48001 - FB-111A "Dark Vark" stencils and RAM intake panels  

It is intended to be used with CD48111 "Dark Varks" sheet.

I think this is a great additional line, and very, very long over due.   Please consider a silver F-100C/D generic set with the correct black wing walk areas (why has so many decal companies printed these in red?).  The F-111 Ram panels are a perfect starting point.  Thank you for this

The F-100 stencilling/national insignia set will definitely be a future release, along with many other generic marking sets which I hope will go a long way toward correcting/augmenting inaccurate kit decals. 

These decals will be very reasonably priced, with instructions provided online. 

Your 1/32 F-4 stencils and insignia would be great as well. I've got one of your sheets and it would be nice to build a couple A/C from the sheet.

Don

I like this idea.   Hope it is very successful for you.

Hope you consider doing some stencilling for 1/32 weapons.    Other than a few of the more common missiles, kit weapons stencils are either poorly done or missing altogether.    In that larger scale it is very conspicuous.

1 hour ago, Charlie D. said:

Cool idea! F-4 walk way decals in 1/48?

I am sure I will do a Phantom walkway sheet in the near future. I will soon announce the first few sheets in this lineup - we will start with US national insignia, USAF/US AIR FORCE titles in correct dimension and colors; and move on to stencilling for Century Series aircraft.

2 hours ago, KursadA said:

USAF/US AIR FORCE titles in correct dimension and colors; and move on to stencilling for Century Series aircraft.

Hate to bombard you with suggestions, but would  you consider doing these, plus letters and numbers, in the red used for all black night attack aircraft like A-26’s and B-57’s?

thanks!

corey

2 minutes ago, Corey said:

Hate to bombard you with suggestions, but would  you consider doing these, plus letters and numbers, in the red used for all black night attack aircraft like A-26’s and B-57’s?

thanks!

corey

Definitely - in time. I would like to cover the more common markings first, and then offer more variety. Suggestions are always welcome!

I'd love new decals for the ancient 1/72 Revell CH-3C/E , HH-3E Jolly Green Giant, and HH-3F Pelican.   Bet a few of us have this kit in the stash.   Lots of different schemes:  USCG, ADC gray, SEA, Euro 1.  

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, Dutch said:

Terrific idea Kursad! I look forward to the whole line, but especially the 1/144 sets. I could use 2 or 3 1/72 KC-135 data sets also.  R/ Dutch

Correction, I could use a dozen or so KC-135 data sets from the generic 135 sheet as well as 3 or 4 KC-135R data sets.

Edited by Dutch

I'd love to see a line of "weathered" 1/72 and 1/48 formation lights commonly seen on modern aircraft. Most kit decals and those from decal companies print them in a bright yellow color with a distinct black outline. In reality, formation lights can be a very pale yellow, tan, or near-white.

LINK 1

LINK 2

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

4 hours ago, thegoodsgt said:

I'd love to see a line of "weathered" 1/72 and 1/48 formation lights commonly seen on modern aircraft. Most kit decals and those from decal companies print them in a bright yellow color with a distinct black outline. In reality, formation lights can be a very pale yellow, tan, or near-white.

LINK 1

LINK 2

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

Second Steve's suggestion.

I always specify a Pantone color that I personally matched to real formation light strips(*) and believe that the color I use is spot-on. I will definitely consider this idea for a future Caracal Basics item.

(*): Yes, I actually brought a Pantone fan deck to the Andrews AFB airshow some years back and matched it to a strip light on an F-15E. 

I’ve never been a fan of applying decals over/around compound curves when the main color can be painted. With that, I’d love to see generic warning markings for the yellow bands typically seen in front of helicopter tail rotors.

Example