I really hope Airfix will release a 1/48th Scout one of these days

So I was in my model room the other day and I was playing with my Fujimi kit of the 1/48th Wasp. Not really a big fan of that but I got to thinking about trying to convert it to a Scout. Easy peasy right? NOT!!! I don't think I have the skills to fab a set of skids plus not sure what I would have to do to go from Wasp to Scout. Some obvious things would be to remove the wheels and those large filter things next to the engine. After that it gets murky.

I built the very old Airfix 1/72nd Scout when it was issued with the card and plastic bag. It was great but now I like 1/48th so not really willing to go back to 1/72nd. Airfix has issued a new Sea King albeit in 1/72nd so maybe there is hope for a Scout?

I did the Google thing to see if anyone had even done this but nothing really came up. Maybe my search terms are wrong. Yeah I should go try again. Until then I live in hope.

2 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

So I was in my model room the other day and I was playing with my Fujimi kit of the 1/48th Wasp. Not really a big fan of that but I got to thinking about trying to convert it to a Scout. Easy peasy right? NOT!!! I don't think I have the skills to fab a set of skids plus not sure what I would have to do to go from Wasp to Scout. Some obvious things would be to remove the wheels and those large filter things next to the engine. After that it gets murky.

I built the very old Airfix 1/72nd Scout when it was issued with the card and plastic bag. It was great but now I like 1/48th so not really willing to go back to 1/72nd. Airfix has issued a new Sea King albeit in 1/72nd so maybe there is hope for a Scout?

I did the Google thing to see if anyone had even done this but nothing really came up. Maybe my search terms are wrong. Yeah I should go try again. Until then I live in hope.

Someone is working on releasing a 1/35 scout or wasp, cant recall which helo

On 5/18/2018 at 9:24 AM, GeejeeZ said:

? Can you be a little more specific?:dontknow: I fail to find the info on a (forthcoming?) Scout?

About a third of the way down the page they talk of 2018 releases including 1/72 Scout and Wasp, 1/48 Wasp and 1/35 Scout.........

Click on the earlier link, go to the photo with the yellow space-ship thingy, then go to the third news piece below that marked "Canberra B2 and T4 kits have arrived" and you'll see the comments regarding the Wasp and Scout.

LD.

1 hour ago, midnightprowler said:

I wonder if the 1/35 scout is a typo and meant to be 1/48 since the Wasp is both 72 and 48.

I would think it is 1/35th. There are a lot of new helicopter kits coming out in 1/35th so it would fit right in. That AH-6 by Kitty Hawk is one example. Plus there is an MH-60 coming too?

Maybe I should not be a scale snob and think about the change of scale for this one? After all it will not be very big in that scale. Did Revell not have a MASH helicopter in 1/35th or was it 1/32nd?

Edited by skyhawk174

This company tends to use already existing molds with added parts to detail or convert so I suspect that the 1/72 kits have roots in the Airfix Scout and the 1/48 Wasp in the Fujimi but the 1/35 Scout I can't place......

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:22 AM, RCAFFAN said:

About a third of the way down the page they talk of 2018 releases including 1/72 Scout and Wasp, 1/48 Wasp and 1/35 Scout.........

I see, thanks! 1:48 Wasp would be good news! I still miss the Fujimi Wasp...

23 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

I would think it is 1/35th. There are a lot of new helicopter kits coming out in 1/35th so it would fit right in. That AH-6 by Kitty Hawk is one example. Plus there is an MH-60 coming too?

Maybe I should not be a scale snob and think about the change of scale for this one? After all it will not be very big in that scale. Did Revell not have a MASH helicopter in 1/35th or was it 1/32nd?

Both MRC and Revell's are 1/35.

1 hour ago, GeejeeZ said:

I see, thanks! 1:48 Wasp would be good news! I still miss the Fujimi Wasp...

I have a original issue of the Fujimi's Wasp and Alloutte III.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:02 AM, midnightprowler said:

Both MRC and Revell's are 1/35.

I have a original issue of the Fujimi's Wasp and Alloutte III.

So had I, I bought a few Fujimi Alouette III's and one Wasp when they were still widely available. I built them all, but on the Wasp I had poor results, and I threw it in the dustbin. '' Oh well,' I thought: 'I'll buy another one when I feel like giving it another try.' only to discover that all of a sudden the kit was nowhere to be found anymore...:angry:

From then on I hardly throw away any failed builds anymore. I have boxes full of half built or completely f%$#ed up Heller and Fujimi kits...

:cheers:

Gertjan