Fiesler 156 Storch Academy 1/72

hi everybody.

it's been quite a long time since the last time i posted on arc.

i'm back to you with the german utility a/c of ww ii i have been building while waiting for the colors for tha TU-95 Bear h i had on my workbench to be delivered.

i actually wasn't a week-end modeling as the academy kit is nicely complex and the camo livery i coosed was a bit of a problem.

this is -one of- rommel's transports, and i had to get the decals on e-bay from a heller kit. they had rather yellowed and, to my surprise, the light-therapy was eventually successful before i had to scan the sheet and find someone to restore it.

i stuck in the full sunshine we had this winter - it was early in march- the decals directly exposed -no window- to sunlight...and it worked! i had made other attempts at this procedure earlier but to no avail, probably because i exposed the decals behind the double-paned windows.

another note on decals is about the propeller logo, which i have found in a very nice set of german prop logotypes by kora decals i recommend to all prop lovers. in the photo album they appear onlyin the last pics as tey arrived later. al

as for the camo pattern, after some web-searching, i used rlm 78 undersides, and rlm 80 olive green over rlm 79 sand yellow; i hoped to put to good use the new hair-size airbrush but it didn't work, so i took up my old rapidograph  with a 0.3 point, thinned the paint adequately, and draw the wormy pattern by hand. as the paint was so thin, i had to do many passages on the same lines, which ended up in a bit of a shaded trait and thin color, but as compared with pictures online it looks acceptable.

i took a lot of fun scratchbuilding the radio sets from plasticard and a 5,0 mm. square rod. i was really satisfied with the outcome but though i tried to show it off in the pics, the smalll size and the position through the clears are not favorable.

all in all, a quite nice build with decently acceptable glitches, mostly with the canopy parts fit.

then the paint for the Bear h arrived, but that's another story.

thanks for having a look if you wish: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EFbtdkqhQ9iLQjQx1

best ciaos, bobo.

• 4 weeks later...