Kitty Hawk RF-101A/C

23 hours ago, jonbryon said:

As with many KH kits, they're not referenced in the instructions at all. You have to search the sprues, but they're there.

Jon

Aha! I wondered what those four curved parts were! Too late for this build as I have reached the painting stage so will have to make a second RF-101C this time in SEA camouflages scheme.

For the record I find that care has to be taken in some areas of building this kit but the end result looks good. The RF-101C has been my wish for subject in 48th scale for many years now.

Michael

On 3/30/2019 at 10:12 AM, serendip said:

I've just oredered the RF-101C kit after I read extra parts were included to correct the intake issue. Gary doesn't mention these in his dry build for some reason.

Hello, Marc! The correction with these parts looks vague and tricky, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, serendip said:

Any idea where the cut needs to be made to correct this?

There are the furrows on an inner sides of the intakes. I think that the KH engineers offer us to cut an intake trunks there an use the provided parts to make a new lips.

I didn’t measure an angles on these parts, but all we need is to made the 90 degree angle between the fuselage and an intake. I think that just to cut an existing intake is a way better idea.

Please, look for fresh and interesting discussion about it here: RF-101C auxiliary tanks.

There is some information about an intakes and drop tanks.

Also, here is my friend’s build on a BM: RF-101C VOODOO 1/48 Kitty Hawk.

Cheers! 😎

Edited by Nikolay Polyakov
2 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Hello, Marc! The correction with these parts looks vague and tricky, in my opinion.

There are the furrows on an inner sides of the intakes. I think that the KH engineers offer us to cut an intake trunks there an use the provided parts to make a new lips.

I didn’t measure an angles on these parts, but all we need is to made the 90 degree angle between the fuselage and an intake. I think that just to cut an existing intake is a way better idea.

Please, look for fresh and interesting discussion about it here: RF-101C auxiliary tanks.

There is some information about an intakes and drop tanks.

Also, here is my friend’s build on a BM: RF-101C VOODOO 1/48 Kitty Hawk.

Cheers! 😎

Nikolay,

Thanks for your feedback and an excellent WIP by your friend.

Marc.