Free image hosting at Photobucket appears to be back

20 hours ago, habu2 said:

Photo who ?????  😎

+2

Wonder how much of our rants the PB people really read? Hope they do. They're about to go under; even for free usage, what they inadvertantly did was force people to go looking, and we discovered that most other sites are vastly superior!! Hey, they made us look!😁

• 11 months later...

I just got an email from "Photo who ????? " informing me that my bandwidth usage (meaning people still viewing images I linked to many many many (many) months ago) exceeds 25 MB/month so, beginning June 1st, all my images will be blurred and watermarked.  (they are already watermarked)

Oh and I better pay up now because hosting fees are going UP in January 2020...

They even said in their email that they are offering the best "professional conditions" known... It took a while until I was able to stop laughing...

HAJO

14 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Didn’t know Photobucket was still a thing.

"All good things ..."

FB is also in the beginnings of a death spiral now.

-Gregg

Screw Photobucket.  Just use postimage.org.  Stupid simple, no ads, not throttled, no annoying watermarks, no redirects if you want to view the full image in a new tab, more options for posting... did I mention no ads?  And its free. 

On 5/9/2019 at 10:40 AM, Dave Williams said:

Didn’t know Photobucket was still a thing.

Well, they wish they were still a thing. Once they pulled their Big Stupid, it made the vast majority of people find an alternative--in my case, it's a far better alternative. Why would people go back? To get hammered again?