Another Tamiya F-14A question - VF-103 BuNo 160896

Gentlemen,

I have Afterburner Decals sheet 48-071 VF-103 Sluggers and have decided to build my Tamiya kit with the markings for BuNo 160896 from 1986.

Based on the profile in the placement guide, it looks as though the only thing I need to add to the kit is the TCS pod, which I have from a Hasegawa kit. The beaver tail shown does not have the AN/ALR-45 antenna, so I'm good there as well.

My question is for the aircrew and wheels. For the 1986 time frame, what would the correct helmet be for the aircrew and what style of wheels would have been used?

Thank you for any and all help you can provide

Dave

Hi Dave,

While I’m not sure about the wheels, the flight helmets would have mostly likely been HGU-33/Ps with MBU-14/P oxygen masks.

Good luck on your build!

-Derek

'Late' ones as AM makers call them. It's actually the standard wheels post 1978. The old ones weee out of the fleet before 1982. 

DEF makes a great set. Eduard is also really good. The Royal Reson ones are still good. But need to reshape the connection to the gear kegs. - they were meant for Hasegawa.