1/32 & 1/48 F-15E Stencils

28 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Anybody have ideas on which companies have current Air-frame Data Stencils in 1/32 (Primary) and 1/48?

No one currently makes F-15E stencils.  It’s probably best to pickup an old two bobs sheet in 1/48 and 1/32 (334th FS/Reagan funeral set) for stencils.   There are several two bobs f-15E sheets on ebay right now.   

Steve

Just now, Falconxlvi said:

No one currently makes F-15E stencils.  It’s probably best to pickup an old two bobs sheet in 1/48 and 1/32 (334th FS/Reagan funeral set) for stencils.   There are several two bobs f-15E sheets on ebay right now.   

Steve

Copy that.

13 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

Superscale made some in both scales. This was back in the 90s so they may be hard to find.

Ben

I do have one of these in 1/32. They do not supply enough markings to complete the topside per instructions. Specifically the "No Step" markings. AND, if you read them close they were/are for an F-15A.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley

Which era are you looking for?

Speed Hunter has markings with complete stencils in 1/32 and 1/48 for a modern jet.  For 1990s era, you'll probably do best with a Super Scale sheet.

Jake

2 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I do have one of these in 1/32. They do not supply enough markings to complete the topside per instructions. Specifically the "No Step" markings. AND, if you read them close they were/are for an F-15A.

Interesting. The sheet I was thinking of had a full set of stencils, upscale from the 1/48 sheet. This was back when the Tamiya kit was first released, so my memory is a bit foggy. I do recall some of the stencils were larger than the ones in the kit decals.

Ben

9 hours ago, jmel said:

Which era are you looking for?

Speed Hunter has markings with complete stencils in 1/32 and 1/48 for a modern jet.  For 1990s era, you'll probably do best with a Super Scale sheet.

Jake

Thanks Jake, They're on my list. How's the new Viper Book coming along? 😉 

8 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

Interesting. The sheet I was thinking of had a full set of stencils, upscale from the 1/48 sheet. This was back when the Tamiya kit was first released, so my memory is a bit foggy. I do recall some of the stencils were larger than the ones in the kit decals.

Ben

Sad but true Ben. I was reading them with my visor on and clear as day the Aircraft ID Marking was F-15A. The sheet was sold and bears the markings of F-15E Black Data however. It is an old sheet that I purchased ages ago for my Bunker Buster.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley