Is there any press about a 1/48 NH90?

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:49 PM, kslmn said:

Maybe AIrfix will make it one day?

I doubt that; since the Brits have no NH90, and Airfix tends to choose British subjects. They have the subject army troop carrier/ naval helicopter covered with their EH101- kit. The NH90 would be more of the same for them.

Revell has not released any new helicopter kits recent years, and I am affraid this won't change in the near future. Rumour has it that their (1:32) helicopter kits are poor sellers. 

The only model manufacturer imho that might do a 1:48 NH90 kit, would be Italeri. The Italians use the NH90. Italeri has shared moulds with Revell before and has turned 1:72 moulds into 1:48 before (Bell 212/ UH1N).

Just my 2 cts. though!

:cheers:

Gertjan

As an aside, who are the users of the NH90?  As you said the Italians but are there others in full use. I had heard that there were several issues that were being worked out. Hey maybe I can go to Wikipedia and read about it.

I think it is a beautiful helicopter and would love this in 1/48.

Belgium, Netherlands, Greece, Spain, France, Finland, Norway, Australia, Germany, New Zealand, Oman, Sweden, Qatar and Egypt on order, so plenty of scope for modellers.