1/72 Special Hobby Curtiss P-40N & Kittyhawk Mk. Ia

Hi

Here are my last builds with these two Curtiss fighters from Special Hobby.

First, this is the P-40N-5 s/n 42-105233 from the 89th Fighter Squadron / 80th Fighter Group in 1944 and based in Assam, East India. She was painted with Olive Drab and Neutral Grey from the Aqueous Gunze range. Decals came from the box. I added the resin wheels from CMK 72295 and the seat from 72294.

m_527513806_0.jpg

m_527513809_0.jpg

Second is the Kittyhawk Mk. Ia AK772 of the No 112 Squadron RAF in spring 1942 somewhere in Libya. The paint came from Gunze for the Dark Earth and Middle Stone and from Xtracrylics for the Azure Blue. Inside the cockpit, I used CMK 72301 side panels and 72293 seat.

m_527513811_0.jpg

m_527513813_0.jpg

Both builds will be published in Tamiya Model Magazine French Edition.

m_527513805_0.jpg

Comment are welcome.

Patrick

Very nice, I prefer N but both are well done. However if you replace antenna wires with something thinner, paint wingtip position lights and weather N a bit more they'll be even nicer.

3 hours ago, sakai said:

Very nice, I prefer N but both are well done. However if you replace antenna wires with something thinner, paint wingtip position lights and weather N a bit more they'll be even nicer.

Thank you for your comment.

The wingtip position lights are painted red on left and green on right but these pictures are low definition.

The antennae wire are EZline but I can use 0,08mm fishing line next time as for biplane rigging.

I am always shy for weathering but you're right under eastern Indian climate it was for sure hard for the paint.

Patrick