Most Pleasurable Kits

Tamiya F-14...then nothing for a while, then other Tamiya 48scale props, Corsair, Thunderbolt. The older Monogram jets I like a lot but the fit is mostly very bad.

• 9 months later...

I recently built a GWH Zundapp motorbike (kit : L3524) and really enjoyed it. Its beautifully detailed motorbike. It was a pleasure to put together although not without some challenges. 

1/144  Otaki C-5 Galaxy as an adult.  Reminded me of the one's I screwed up as a kid.

1/72  Testors C-130  Just went together really well

1/32  My Tamiya F-4 Phantoms were a lot of fun

Trumpeter F-105D

Had a tough time with my Trumpeter A-7E Corsair with the Zacto conversion.  But I think it was due to life and expectations at the time. I'll try again with my D model.

Revell P-51 was the bane of my existence.  Yea, the new kit.

2 hours ago, bikerider said:

Hasegawa F-2A in 1/48.... near perfect fit of every part.

I had a little difficulty with the intake, but otherwise would agree. A nice little kit. Parts breakdown closer to a Kinetic F-16 than a Hasegawa F-16.

6 hours ago, Mstor said:

Parts breakdown closer to a Kinetic F-16 than a Hasegawa F-16.

The F-2 kit was designed and released years before the Kinetic kit. If anything, the Kinetic resembled the Tamiya kit, which resembled the Hasegawa F-2 kit. 

Edited by habu2
5 hours ago, habu2 said:

The F-2 kit was designed and released years before the Kinetic kit. If anything, the Kinetic resembled the Tamiya kit, which resembled the Hasegawa F-2 kit. 

Interesting. Thanks!

On 5/26/2018 at 1:03 AM, jonbryon said:

I've never understood the Hasegawa 1/48 A-4 family falling into this category. I've built 5 (with another 4 scheduled for next year) and never found the inserts to fit at all well, and getting neat joins around them to be a complete pain.

Well, the OP asked for opinions on what kit people got the most pleasure building.  Not the best fitting, not the best detailed; the ones that they found most pleasurable.  Obviously, some people have a lot of fun building the Hasegawa Scooters.

Mine are:

Tamiya P-47s, any and/or all

Eduard 1/72 Hellcat

Hasegawa 1/32 P-47

And after consideration, I'll add the Monogram P-47 Razorback as well.  I've built a bunch of those and enjoyed every one.

Edited by Joe Hegedus

I really enjoyed building the Monogram OA-4M Skyhawk last year. I know there are more modern, "better" kits out there and I'm not a Monogram purist...but this one just tickled my fancy, I guess. It was straight forward, no major issues, and I was happy with the results.

17 hours ago, picknpluck said:

I really enjoyed building the Monogram OA-4M Skyhawk last year. I know there are more modern, "better" kits out there and I'm not a Monogram purist...but this one just tickled my fancy, I guess. It was straight forward, no major issues, and I was happy with the results.

I love that kit as well!

I enjoyed building some of the other Monogram kits from that era also.

-Gregg

It's a rare day that I want to build a kit a second time, so when I do I know that it must be an enjoyable one.  With that said, pretty much the only kits I can stand the idea of building again and again are.... 

No particular order

1.  Airfix Buccaneer (1/48)

2.  Monogram F-101 Voodoo (1/48)

3.  Monogram AV-8A Harrier (1/48)

4.  Revell Hawk (1/32)

• 2 weeks later...

The kits I thought that was enjoyable to build are the  Revell/Monogram big 1/48 bomber kits, B-17F and G, B-24D and J, B-29, B-58, and the gigantic B-1B which I have two, one in the gray and green camouflage and one in overall grey.