So I treated myself.......

This past winter I spent most of my free time fixing up my house in preparation for sale. A few weeks ago I closed on it, and thanks to a robust local real estate market, I did pretty good. As a reward to myself for all of the long hours and hard work, I decided to treat myself 😀 I've been waiting for a new tool 32nd scale F-5E/F for a long, long time, and while the KH kit isn't without it flaws, its still a very nice kit. I found a place on ebay called Aurora Model Shop that had them for a good price, so I ordered. Delivery was set for mid June to mid July via economy post from China. Showing that they really know how to take care of the customer, they upgraded my shipping to express at no additional charge, and I had the kits in five days! Now that's customer service! And in case you're wondering...... yes, I do plan on building a lot of F-5Es 😎 Fred K.

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1rsz_20180524_122326.jpg

Hi Fred wow I knew you loved the F-5E and associated family but 10 really 😁  Hope you have the perseverance to build them all. Reminds me of my stack of F-4 Phantom kits which is in the double digits.

I have been watching a WIP on Cybermodeler and it looks nice, much better than the Hasegawa. I had that kit but sold it many years ago when I decided to concentrate on 1/48th.

By the way I have dealt with that seller on ebay and yes they are great both in service and prices. Oh and congratulations on your sale.

11 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Hi Fred wow I knew you loved the F-5E and associated family but 10 really 😁  Hope you have the perseverance to build them all. Reminds me of my stack of F-4 Phantom kits which is in the double digits.

I have been watching a WIP on Cybermodeler and it looks nice, much better than the Hasegawa. I had that kit but sold it many years ago when I decided to concentrate on 1/48th.

By the way I have dealt with that seller on ebay and yes they are great both in service and prices. Oh and congratulations on your sale.

Thanks Chris ;0) The Hasegawa Tiger kit is still pretty nice for its age, but by the time that I put in a Black Box pit, and rescribed the entire kit, it turned into quite the time consuming build for me. I managed to get five of them done before the KH kit though!

13 hours ago, Ichitoe said:

Very Nice Fred on both the house sale and the stash of F-5s!

Will be expecting to see numerous WIP of these builds!

Mike

Thanks Mike ;0) As for WIP's...... you'll have to wait for this winter. Our new house, complete with modeling room and paint booth, won't be finished until about early October. Sometime before the end of the year I hope to get going on one of these kits. Its been 18 months since I've been able to work on anything, and I've really got the itch! Fred.

8 hours ago, Ishthe47guy said:

Nothing wrong with a "few" F-5s in the stash...

b2sGng.jpg
NTyyDC.jpg

I could do nothing but Adversary/Aggressor schemes for an entire year and be happy. 

I love it! ;0) Fred.