Wolfpak June 2018

Gents:

Here are the sheets in the June 2018 release from Wolfpak Decals.  They will retail for $18.50 and be available in a few weeks.

Sheet 72-116, Release the Hounds.

To start we have a F-86A from the 91st FIS at RAF Bentwaters.  The next two aircraft are F-4D’s assigned to the 433rd and 497th TFS’s respectively at Ubon in Thailand.  The first is shown carrying the 3000lb M118 LGB and the second is one of a handful of jets modified to carry the Pave Spike pod which was under development at that time.   A Hunter in the latest aggressor scheme follows.  Next up is a F-111F in overall gunship grey from just before the type was retired from service.  Another jet from Bentwaters and the 81st TFW is this F-101C.  To close out this sheet are two aircraft; a C-47A and a C-54G both from Air America. 

Sheet 72-117, ACES HIGH.

The first subject is a really unique F-14A.  My thanks to the individual who wishes to remain anonymous but was part of VF-194.  VF-194 experimented with 3 styles of markings for their jets with this being one of them.  The aircraft flew with the ace of hearts playing card pierced by the lightning bolt with and without the air wing codes so you have an option of either.  The Brazilian F-5EM follows.  Next up is a F-16C of the 111th FIS.  Something different is the MI-17 from the 6th SOS.  U.S. Air ForceF-35’s are not known for elaborate or colorful markings but the 466th FS, a AFRC associate unit jet has a rudimentary tail band.  Let’s hope it’s a trend.  In lieu of that jet you can build a 6th WPS one with more mundane markings.  Last but not least is a Marine Corps. Harvest Hawk KC-130J.

All the Best,

Mark

Mcp88Yb.jpg

xj70t6r.jpg

Edited by Mark S.
updated images

Oh I see that 466 jet has what appears to be some sort of tail flash. First time I scene anything like that. Hope the rest of the units start doing a tail flash. Pretty boring only having the MAJCOM badge base code and serial number on the tail. Looks nice, but not my scale.

My son applied the squadron markings to the 466th jet a week or so before it deployed to the Pacific, he's had his hands on applying the markings on 34th and 4th jets as well,too bad it's not our scale of 1/48th  scale though.

No question that 1/48 gives better detail and bang for the buck. But 1/48 does NOT give you a B-2. Or a B-52. Or a C-54. Or a C-46. Or a KC-135. Or a PB2Y Coronado. Or a . . . .

On the other hand, 1/72 does NOT give you a decent T-38. Or a decent C-141. Or a . . . no, I think that's it.☺️

8 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

I "like" your "like"!

This forum software does allow for 'likes' to posts, Britmodeller has used them since changing over to the same forum software as ARC.

Its just a case of turning the functionality on.

I can deal with the 72nd kits of what you provided. I focus my builds of aircraft of the Guard/Reserve and aircraft my family and I have been associated with during our military careers.What 48th scale doesn't provide, 72nd scale does,and that's only 2-3 aircraft that 48th can't provide for my build wants.

Gents,

Thanks for all the kind words.  I'm not opposed to doing the Tomcat markings in 1/48th if there is enough interest.   Matchbox made a F-86A in 1/72nd scale.

Mark S.

1 hour ago, Mark S. said:

Gents,

Thanks for all the kind words.  I'm not opposed to doing the Tomcat markings in 1/48th if there is enough interest.   Matchbox made a F-86A in 1/72nd scale.

Mark S.

I'd buy it just for that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 7:02 PM, Whiskey said:

Nice. If I was a 72nd scale modeler I would pick these up for sure. Any chances of seeing the Tomcat in 48?

How does that feel? Eh, eh? 😎

From a 1/72 modeller...🍻