Electronic modules:

14669.jpg  14671_md.jpg 

14665_md.jpg  14674.jpg 

14668.jpg

Some more details:

12893_md.jpg  7915.jpg 

Edited by DIO
2 hours ago, DIO said:

Photos are not my forte. I use my mobile phone which is not bad but far from perfect.

Thank you DIO, photos are right it's just the size of them, it must be something with the hosting service that reduces them maybe during loading.

I'm following your build with interest.

Carlos

45 minutes ago, my favs are F`s said:

i got that feeling that this will be one of the best Prowler looking models when complete. so much detail and color. keep it up! 

...if I ever manage to get it done that is lol!

Time well spent on the cockpit, I was surprised how much detail is seen when she's closed up with the canopies down.

Looks like it's going to be a great build thread to follow.

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

Wow, is that the kit cockpit?

Nope. This is the AIRES cockpit for Kinetic. But the kit's one is not that bad either.

Edited by DIO

Bits and pieces to be used:

• AIRES 4487 - EA-6B Prowler ICAP-2 (late) cockpit set - Completed. Very convincing. The seats were great.
  • WOLFPACK 48115 - EA-6B Prowler Wheel bay set for Kinetic - Quite good... I think there are better ones from AIRES.
  • WOLFPACK 48114 - EA-6B Prowler Radar & Avionics set for Kinetic - Completed. Not very convincing. Used with considerable changes, especially the radar.
  • EDUARD 48681 - EA-6B undercarriage for Kinetic. Some pieces to be used. Not bad but not perfect either.
  • EDUARD 48684 - EA-6B electronic equipment for Kinetic (AKA Birdcage). Great one but does not give any detail for the opened fuselage. As is, leaves a lot to be scratch build. This is where I currently am!
  • EDUARD 48672 - EA-6B exterior for Kinetic. Not used yet, but looks very promising.
  • MAW Decals 48008 - Formation Lights.
  • NORTH STAR NS48105-a Wheels for EA-6B Prowler. Amazing product and a must have for any A-6 and EA-6B built.
Edited by DIO

Wow those larger pictures look great. You have mad painting skills.

I am looking forward to your work on installing the cockpit into the Kinetic kit. I don't know anything about this set but Aires do not have a great reputation for fitting the kit without sanding the kit to death.

On 5/30/2018 at 8:12 AM, skyhawk174 said:

Wow those larger pictures look great. You have mad painting skills.

I am looking forward to your work on installing the cockpit into the Kinetic kit. I don't know anything about this set but Aires do not have a great reputation for fitting the kit without sanding the kit to death.

Thank you for your kind words.

You are spot on! I had to do a lot of work to make part fit inside. All that was done before painting.

Some small progress..

Test fitting of the parts inside the fuselage, above the Birdcage...

A lot of cabling is yet to be added and some small devices here and there. But basically the left side is done...

25197_md.jpg

25198_md.jpg

Now I am thinking if I will glue everything in place and paint details, or if I paint everything separately and then glue into place...

Edited by DIO
13 hours ago, DIO said:

Thank you for your kind words.

You are spot on! I had to do a lot of work to make part fit inside. All that was done before painting.

Hmm just what I thought. I am real wary of using any Aires sets for that very reason. Yes they look great but if it is a struggle then is it worth it. I remember that the few sets of Black Box that I used fit like a glove.

Actually I had to fit four different sets in the nose. Also had to correct the air intakes and the embedded ladders.

The main problem is that all the separate sets are made to be used as stand alone. In reality the cockpit floor is the electronics' compartment and main gear compartment's roof.

As a result the AIRES cockpit floor and the Wolfpack Avionics set roof have to be sanded to becoming paper thin in order to fit in the prowler's nose.

Many hours of swearing and sweating have gone into this. And I am pretty sure that at the final assembly there will be need for even more trimming.

So far, so good 🙂

Test fitting of the parts inside the right fuselage, above the Birdcage... 

Few parts missing, but all done now.

25447.jpg

25446_md.jpg

The EA-6B and A-6 FB Groups members help and advise has been proved invaluable!