Blue Angels yellow match for CAM

Anyone have an idea what color matches CAM's Blue Angels f-18 decals? The sheet gives the FS color call out, but you know how that goes. Any help would be massively appreciated. Also, they seem to be a bit too orange. I realize lighting makes a difference etc, but they just don't seem right

1 hour ago, BillS said:

I’ve done two BA projects, an F-4J and F-18 both with CAM decals. i used Testors BA yellow for touch ups. The difference between the two was barely discernable.

Going by what your saying and Google images, I'll think I'll try that BA yellow

1 hour ago, BillS said:

I’ve done two BA projects, an F-4J and F-18 both with CAM decals. i used Testors BA yellow for touch ups. The difference between the two was barely discernable.

Also, how did the decals fit on your F-4J? I saw one review where there was a gap on the spine decals. Did u habe the same problem?

Edited by goondman

I bought someone a set of CAM Blue Angels F-4 decals and the experience was so bad that I don't plan on buying either the Phantom or Hornet sheets for my Blue Angels builds. I'm going to roll with Kinetic's kit decals for the Hornet at least.

10 hours ago, Chriss7607 said:

I bought someone a set of CAM Blue Angels F-4 decals and the experience was so bad that I don't plan on buying either the Phantom or Hornet sheets for my Blue Angels builds. I'm going to roll with Kinetic's kit decals for the Hornet at least.

Great. Heavy sighs. I think I'll just put my blue angel aspirations on the back burner. Thanks for the help everyone!

I didnt have a lot of issues with the CAM decals in the fit department but there was a modest issue with cracking. I put them on the ZM F-4 and the Kinetic F-18 before they released their BA. One thing that is tricky to overcome is limited bunos on both sheets and incomplete crew names. The F-4 sheet only covers the first batch of jets that came from the factory  in ‘69. Those jets were all wrecked before it was over. Oh, before I forget,  another nit noy is the intructions, particularly on the F-4 sheet which are not super detailed and accurate. There were subtle details, for example bare metal leading edges and aft section areas varied depending on season. These things arn't called out. I highly recommend studying images to identify the various oddities on these jets; antenna styles, walkways etc. 

I'm just gonna go for it. I get the impression that CAM decals as opposed to CAM Pro may have been some what inferior. I'm not saying this as fack, but i managed to find an old set of CAM Blue Angels A-4 decals (forgot i had them) and yes they broke up-every one of them. I then tested some of the CAM PRO decals and they laid down fine. I was able to move them around the glossy surface just without any issue. ALSO! I think model master blue angel yellow is a good match for the older CAM decals  (not sure). But i tested out Mr. Color 329 and it was almost a perfect match for the CAM PRO decals. Specifically the 1 48 2006 Blue Angels F/A-18 sheet.

Thanks all help!