So this thought just struck me. I am not in a state of keeping up to date with the latest modelling news. Well certainly not as much as i`d wish. I quit buying the expensive magazines years ago. I may catch wind of the odds and ends here and there but in general i just don`t catch all the new releases from around the world. I don`t like to read about new releases on the forums, but i do watch a few reviews on YT from time to time. So how do you keep yourself enlightened on modelling stuff?  

I like scalemates too, but so far it`s strictly been reading reviews of older kits. So by the news section, do you mean the news feed? Sorry to say i`m a complete asshat when it comes to navigating various online sites.

9 hours ago, DrGlueblob said:

I like International Scale Modeler in addition to here and the others just listed.

And the model mags have certainly gotten too expensive for my wallet,too.

The modelling mags here are mad expensive. At almost $20 for an issue of FSM i don`t know who in their right mind would pay such a hefty ransom. Disgusting.

I do understand that magazines like FSM are expensive to produce. All that color photography and such. But they are facing all the (mostly) FREE info on You Tube..

I really don't get the Mig magazine prices either. Neat stuff, but 40.00 plus! That's a kit or two.

Unbelievable.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:31 PM, breadneck said:

So this thought just struck me. I am not in a state of keeping up to date with the latest modelling news. Well certainly not as much as i`d wish. I quit buying the expensive magazines years ago. I may catch wind of the odds and ends here and there but in general i just don`t catch all the new releases from around the world. I don`t like to read about new releases on the forums, but i do watch a few reviews on YT from time to time. So how do you keep yourself enlightened on modelling stuff?  

Cybermodeler what’s new page has a kit release schedule they update on a regular basis. Britmodeller rumourmonger is a good site as well.

im curious why you don’t like the forums. I mean you are here after all.